calories for breakfast

Options
If I have a calorie allowance of 1210 a day, how many of them should be breakfast? I have been eating around 150-225. Just wondering what everyone else does.

Replies

• Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat 350-450 for breakfast. Any lower and I can't make it to lunch, since I do a hard workout mid-morning. I just find that I do much better all day if I bulk up at breakfast.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat 3 meals of 300-400, and use the leftover calories for my before and after lunch snacks. Unless, of course, my breakfast is something super filling, like an egg w. something else or oatmeal.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It depends on how hungry you are, and how active your morning is, I guess... I try to pack in high protein and carbs for my breakfast because I find that it gets me going and stays with me. I tend to eat between 300-400 calories for breakfast, myself. It holds me over until a late lunch.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i usually make my breakfasts relatively light since i'm a snacker and its not that much time between breakfast and lunch. usually about 300 calories.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 300 calories a meal. 1210 isn't a lot of calories I'd be working out to add more food!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Mine can be somewhere around 160 to 245. I like a bigger dinner to get me through the night without snacks, so I keep breakfast lower.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is about 300cal each day - i have oatmeal with chocolate drops (the chocolate drops help control my chocolate cravings throughout the day)
  • Honeybunn
    Honeybunn Posts: 39
    Options
    Today my breakfast was 185 calories

1/2 Multigrain English Muffin w/ peanut butter
    1/2 Large Granny Smith Apple
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat about 400-500 cals for breakfast but it is split over 2 meals (1 at 8 am and 1 at 10am).
  • CoachJimmy
    CoachJimmy Posts: 15
    Options
    I have found tapering my calories and carbs thru the day really helps! in other words-- have a bigger breakfast- since you will be active thru the day-- and smaller dinner so you don't have excess cals and carbs on your stomach over night where they can get stored as fat.

This has REALLY helped me in my weight loss. I try to limit any starchy carbs after about 5pm.

If you have more questions -- feel free to msg me- or email me jimmynelson@me.com