Breakfast ideas

Options
jax0814
jax0814 Posts: 6
Does anyone have any recipes for breakfast using eggs? I can't seem to thing of new ideas. Breakfasts are boring lately!

Replies

• misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I lik to scramble an egg, mix in a little salsa top it with a touch of sour cream all in a wrap, it's so tasty :)
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great !!! This morning I fried one egg on my griddle. I topped it with a slice of cheese and layered 1 turkey sausage patty on top of the egg & cheese. I had this between 2 slices of light wheat bread toasted. We had turkey taco salad for dinner tonight. I have leftover cooked turkey and some cut veggies. I'll heat the turkey and veggies up in the morning with a couple eggs, some salsa and cheese mixed in. Super yummy- I like to scaramble eggs with some salsa and have it in a whole wheat tortilla. I'll sometimes even have egg salad for breakfast. I love eggs. :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop whey protein
    1packet of sweetener
    - mix all
    -pour onto small frying pan, add lid.
    -once raisedtake lid off and flip

makes thick "protein pancake" I eat it with 1 Table spoon of no sugar jam, and 1 tble spoon of peanut butter(unsweetened,unsalted)

TRY IT
    SOOO FILLING AND YUMMY:bigsmile:
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    I love french toast.. Just beat one egg, then soak a slice of whole wheat bread in it, then put it in a frying pan.. after some minutes flip it.. You can add vanilla and cinnamon to the eggs before soaking the bread.... I eat it with no sugar jam and a glass of non fat milk
  • CoachJimmy
    CoachJimmy Posts: 15
    Options
    Vans! I thought I was the only person who put my eggs and oatmeal all together-- sometimes add a little almond butter and cinnamon. That is usually my 2nd meal of the day-- my Shakeology is always how I start my day! Love it!
  • super9vixen9
    super9vixen9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this morning I tried three egg whites, one yoke, scrambled together with one ounce of 75% reduced fat cheese and a couple of squirts of tabasco. It was quite tasty. I paired it up with an English Muffin and I was set.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I lik to scramble an egg, mix in a little salsa top it with a touch of sour cream all in a wrap, it's so tasty :)
    :heart: My favorite egg breakfast too. I'll bake a potato the night before and use half for homefries. Some non-stick spray, some onion, and garlic powder, and they are yummy and lower cals. I make the eggs over medium and break the yolk over the potatoes. Really yummy!
    Omletts made with egg whites, and mushrooms, bell peppers, and spices tastes good too.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I do up some mushrooms and spinach, add 1 whole egg + 1 egg white scrambled, and a little parmesan cheese to top it off. yummo :)
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    could also try "cheese burger" omlette.
    add some ground beef....top it with some cheese...OR I like to ad some taco seasoning.:bigsmile:
  • jax0814
    jax0814 Posts: 6
    Options
    YUM! Thank you everyone I will have to try some of your recipes!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i dont eat the regular breakfast...i usually eat either a turkey breast with a veggie ...today i had a chicken wrap in a high fiber wrap with lettuce and tomatoes and then sometimes i have a nice refreshing fruit salad
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 scoop whey protein
    1packet of sweetener
    - mix all
    -pour onto small frying pan, add lid.
    -once raisedtake lid off and flip

makes thick "protein pancake" I eat it with 1 Table spoon of no sugar jam, and 1 tble spoon of peanut butter(unsweetened,unsalted)

TRY IT
    SOOO FILLING AND YUMMY:bigsmile:

I have to ask this question. Is the oatmeal uncooked or cooked when you add it to the egg whites?:blushing:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite egg breakfast of late, it takes about 10 mins from start-to-finish. As someone pointed out earlier, if you use Egg Beaters you'd save 80 cals and subsequent fat/cholesterol too :smile:
    Spanish-Style Eggs

Here's how you make it:
    Generic - Large Eggs, 2 egg 140 calories
    Rosarita - No Fat Traditional Refried Beans, 1/2 cup 100 calories
    Best Choice - Chunky Salsa - Mild, 2 T. 10 calories

Heat a small non-stick skillet, spray with canola spray (0 cal)

Scramble 2 large eggs with 2T water, you are going to divide this into 3 to make 3 "egg tortillas" (swirl the egg mixture in the medium-hot pan until it flattens out, flip it after it starts to dry out, remove and place on a plate)

Heat 1/2 cup no-fat beans in microwave; use 1/3 of beans in each "egg tortilla" (place a line of beans on the edge of the egg tortilla, then roll up)

When you have 3 of these, pop them in the microwave for 20 seconds, then pour 2 T salsa over the 3 egg roll-ups. Yummy, filling, and pretty decent stats for breakfast!

The nice thing is, if you have someone in your family that ISN'T dieting, they can add cheese, sour cream, etc while you still enjoy your very-healthy breakfast. You can also add the low-cal versions of cheese, sour cream, etc if you feel like a "splurge"....

You can make several batches at a time as they keep well in the fridge for a couple days as long as you don't put the salsa on them....

Total: 250 Calories, 21 Carbs, 9g Fat, 18g Protein, 1g sugar, 5g Fiber
  • Deb1971
    Deb1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nuked Eggs

1 slice tomato
    1/4 c cooked spinach
    1/2 t Mrs Dash table blend
    1t parmesan cheese
    2 egg whites

I layer all ingredients in small ramekins starting with the tomato and microwave until set.