how can i get my calorie count up without binging?

Options
I'm having a really hard time getting more than a few hundred net calories a day. What healthy foods can I eat to get my count up? Any advice is welcome(: please and thank you!

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    open up your diary, what type of foods are you eating?
  • aztec1966
    aztec1966 Posts: 12
    Options
    Have you considered a protein shake?
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    higher calorie fruit like persimmons (for instance). figs.. peanutbutter, veggie drinks packed with all kinds of veggies. brown stuff.
  • islaybower
    islaybower Posts: 57
    Options
    Opening up your diary would enable us to give more advice :)

Are you exercising lots? Is that why you're netting fewer calories?

High calorie snacks include nuts, dried fruit, full fat greek yoghurt, toast with whatever you can spread on it, the list is endless! Don't fill up too much on veggies if you're struggling to take in enough calories.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Nuts and dried fruit pack a lot of healthy calories in a small amount of food. Oh and using olive oil for cooking your veggies or flavored olive oils in homemade salad dressings helps too.
  • eva_lawlor
    eva_lawlor Posts: 81
    Options
    i opened it up(: sorry, i meant to already have it open(: and i exercise a lot(: usually i burn about 500-600 calories a day, so i guess thats part of my issue :3
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    almonds, 70% cocoa chocolate, fruits, greek yogurt... so many options :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    eat meals?
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I hope you ate more than just nutella and string cheese for lunch lol!

Maybe add some fruit and peanut butter to breakfast -- or juice. I like toast with avocado if I'm low on calories -- very filling and lots of good, healthy fats (I may even have that as a snack later since I'm low on cals today too). How about cottage cheese, some yogurt, a protein shake, nuts, dried fruit is great, trail mix..

edit: your May 7th entry looks pretty dang good. How about you eat like that more often?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Your meals seem extremely small. What is your definition of binging? Do you have the option of seeing a nutritionist? Good luck. :0)
  • mkkloos
    mkkloos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You need to eat WAY more food. It seems that your diet consists of primarily string cheese, breakfast cereal, peanut butter and an occasional vegetable. I wouldn't worry that you aren't getting enough calories and instead focus on getting enough nutrients.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    You might not need to up calories as much as you think....I noticed a couple days you have 'celery sticks with 2 Tbsps peanut butter' logged as only 25 calories...however an average Tbsp of peanut butter is about 100 calories each....so you would have another 200 calories on those days.

Also are you really eating burgers without a bun or condiments? It looks like you eat bread otherwise...so I'm guessing you aren't trying to stay away from bread...or are you forgetting to log it?
  • eva_lawlor
    eva_lawlor Posts: 81
    Options
    i just never have bread when i have have hamburgers :p i dont like the taste lol
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You're not eating meals, you're eating snacks. Try focusing on a complete plate: lean protein, fruits/veggies, startch, fat.

You are seriously lacking some nutrition with your lack of fruit and veggies. You need 5-9 servings per day. The more color the better. Other options: (green) smoothies made with protein powder, greek yogurt with fruit/berries mixed in, almonds or other nuts, hummus and veggies, etc. You can't live on string cheese alone.