Ate at Texas Roadhouse For Mom's B-Day...

Options
11oz steak
side house salad w/ ranch dressing
Steamed broccoli
2 of the rolls with butter

days like this make me feel like a failure at dieting :frown: . I wish i could get more motivated to exercise, but after a busy day at work getting dragged and jumped on by dogs i dont feel up to it.

Replies

• leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    looks like the bad choice was the rolls, i have a hard time with bread myself, now I ask them not to bring them to the table. No problem though just have a better day tomorrow, one meal does not a failure make! :flowerforyou:
  • Das_Modell
    Das_Modell Posts: 167
    Options
    i think it was the 11oz steak haha. Its gonna suck again because my 21st birthday is in August (27th) and we're going out to eat then...i just dont know where. I know there will be some fruity alcoholic beverage involved:tongue:
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Those dang rolls with the delicious butter get me every time!! Darn those things.... but they are so good. : )

Everyone has not so good days. Don't sweat it, just try again tomorrow.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I JUST got home from Texas Roadhouse! Weird. lol. Try to remember that if you truly want to make a change in yourself, you have to think of this as a lifestyle and not a "diet". If you think about it, every single person is on a diet. Your diet is what you eat. You just have to decide if what you eat is 11oz of steak instead of 6, house salad with the 6tbsp of ranch that comes with it instead of using the dressing sparingly, and broccoli instead of steak fries **which you did!**. I know it is very very hard to stay away from those damn rolls and cinnamon butter, but I would see if the people you are eating with would mind if you didn't get rolls. You could tell the hostess that you wouldnt like any. You can do this, and there is nothing wrong with a buttered roll every now and then.

By the way, I was reading your post how everyone seems to ignore your threads and I meant to reply that every "my topic" ends with me, and people don't even respond to me on the Discussion Boards for my online class. So.....::ohwell:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I JUST got home from Texas Roadhouse! Weird. lol. Try to remember that if you truly want to make a change in yourself, you have to think of this as a lifestyle and not a "diet". If you think about it, every single person is on a diet. Your diet is what you eat. You just have to decide if what you eat is 11oz of steak instead of 6, house salad with the 6tbsp of ranch that comes with it instead of using the dressing sparingly, and broccoli instead of steak fries **which you did!**. I know it is very very hard to stay away from those damn rolls and cinnamon butter, but I would see if the people you are eating with would mind if you didn't get rolls. You could tell the hostess that you wouldnt like any. You can do this, and there is nothing wrong with a buttered roll every now and then.

By the way, I was reading your post how everyone seems to ignore your threads and I meant to reply that every "my topic" ends with me, and people don't even respond to me on the Discussion Boards for my online class. So.....::ohwell:

AwMyLoLo, didn't want you to be the post killer! :flowerforyou:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I don't think you did that bad. Like lolo said this is for the long term. It doesn't matter what you do or don't do in 1 day. It is over time that makes the difference. It's life, it's about living. I hope you had a nice time with your mom. That's what is important. Shake it off and get back on track. And you ARE NOT a failure because you ate what you feel was too much or bad for you. None of us are perfect. It's not about not getting knocked down, it's about getting back up that counts.

Good Luck!!
  • Das_Modell
    Options
    it sucks tho cuz now i can't have any of my mom's bday cake :frown:
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    don't stress! One meal is not going to break your diet! In fact, I personally think it helps to do it once in a while. I eat out sometimes and I even get whatever I want sometimes regardless of calories, and I still lose weight. As long as you aren't doing it every single day you'll be fine! So go out and enjoy your b-day...you only turn 21 once! (I'm going to use this excuse in October when I turn 30!)
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options

Yeah but tomorrow... it won't really matter. Be the photographer instead of the eater or play with the kids (if there are any). You'll make better memories doing those things than sitting and guiltfully eating cake. Cake isn't THAT good....
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Why not? Just have a small one. If you are craving it, then have it. If you dont, then you will just indulge in something else later on in the week. I'm a big believer in good portions, quality exercise, and not depriving yourself. I lost 22lbs in 3 months last year, and I never felt deprived. :flowerforyou:
  • Bella_Luna
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, you are not a failure. Part of the weightloss journey is realizing that it is not a diet that will end once you hit a certain weight, but a lifestyle change that you will hopefully keep up the rest of your life. I don't know about you, but part of my lifestyle is going out to eat once in awhile and not worrying about how many calories I'm eating or that I ate that roll with the butter. :smile: This doesn't mean making a weekly habit of eating steak and buttered rolls, but its ok to go to Texas Roadhouse or other restaurants in general once in awhile to celebrate a birthday. Just make sure that you are not making a habit of eating out often. Once every few months or once a month at most still allows you to live a healthy lifestyle but still live, without restricting yourself from enjoying a night out. Also, when I go out to restaurants I try to make healthier choices and not order the most fattening, deep fried, creamy sauce-loaded thing on the menu :laugh:

And if it were me I'd have a little sliver of birthday cake and enjoy it :wink:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I may be among the minority, but I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about that meal. I'd log everything, do a little cardio, and wake up tomorrow knowing it's a new day. :)
  • Das_Modell
    Options
    i weighed myself today on work's scale. i weigh 126.2 :drinker:
  • weightoffmom
    weightoffmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Its that balance thing again. I have come to a realization, I can have what I want if I plan for it. Even pizza. Have a great Birthday celebration!