What words do you hate?

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I hate the word "cheat". I don't think there is such a thing a cheating while you're trying to lose weight.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I hate all words
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    "Just Sayin'" - Ok...you're not thinking, investigating, researching, you are simply blabbing something mildly insulting and this phrase is your escape hatch.

"Convince me" - why should I have the responsibility of convincing you? F you. Convince yourself by reading. Ask me to share my experience and I will happily do so. Ask me to convince you and I'll never speak to you again.

"Ginormous" - We've got gigantic. We've got enormous. We don't need a combination of the two. Is ginormous bigger or smaller than gigantic or enormous? No one knows. Stop using this phrase now.

"Interwebs" - Please. Stop combining words to make new words. We have enough words already.

"Chillax" - Makes me want to stab you in the eye.
  • Kamille2007
    Options
    "Chicks" in the context of ladies or women... it is a term for baby chickens, and I can accept it in that context... when men refer to ladies as "chicks" it makes them sound extremely moronic.
  • dodihere
    Options
    Irregardless
  • rdschill
    rdschill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Any word formed by someone adding an "s" to the end of a name where it doesn't belong - "I'm going to the Walmarts." For some reason, people always do this to my last name, even when reading it.
  • evmoses
    evmoses Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hate the word "hate"! : ) Too much of that in the world.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    "Retard" and "retarded".

I have a Down sister and volunteer with Special Olympics. Nothing makes me wanna punch your lights out faster than when you say these words in a derrogatory way.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    OMG I have never heard an adult say they have to "go potty", I think I'd burst out laughing if I heard it, I associate potties with toilet training babies.
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Irregardless

Yes! It's not a word! And "What ever" Ugh
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    BILLS
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see that I have forces joining me in the hatred of "moist".

I also hate "relax". That word irks me. I enjoy doing it, just not saying or hearing it.

Also:
    jolly
    "make love"-GAG
    brewsky

And I used to be really uncomfortable when people would say "good morning". It made my skin crawl, but I'm working on that one.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    "Retard" and "retarded".

I have a Down sister and volunteer with Special Olympics. Nothing makes me wanna punch your lights out faster than when you say these words in a derrogatory way.

Im a nurse for the MR/ID. nothing makes me more mad then the people working here that say "oh thats retarded" or something along those lines. I am like HELLO, that is a derrogatory word and we are working with these residents!!! Spread the word to end the word.... intellectually disabled is better.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there are any words I hate per say - but I do HATE when people mispronounce words. My boss is FAMOUS for this! Example...futon is pronounced with the emphasis on the FU (FU-ton) not on the TON (fu-TON). And Pepto Bismol does NOT have a silent L at the end - you need to pronounce the L. Thank you. :smile:
    LMAO!! I HATE when people say "Pepto BisMO"!!! And when they pronounce the "L" in salmon UGH
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Flustrating and expecially! And when they say save when they mean except, i.e. everyone save you left. It should be except!
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    "Retard" and "retarded".

Im a nurse for the MR/ID. nothing makes me more mad then the people working here that say "oh thats retarded" or something along those lines. I am like HELLO, that is a derrogatory word and we are working with these residents!!! Spread the word to end the word.... intellectually disabled is better.

I have an MR son and actually had his band teacher say something was retarded the other day. Rude jerk!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    The word "Hate." I think it is incredibly overused. Almost as much as "Love."

These days everyone that disagrees with you is a "Hater." What utter crap. It's a short cut to dismissing other points of view by labeling the opposition as evil, since they must be motivated by hate.

I may think you're ideas are stupid. I may think your actions are irresponsible. I may think you smell funny...but none of that means I "hate" you.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I hate when people pronounce the G at the end of words such as going, being, working... Whitney from The Hills does it, and the girl from Roswell too. It's like they put a hard G sound at the end of the word, when it's supposed to be silent
  • ashley2586
    ashley2586 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Panties. I cringe every time...even when talking to a child. I have to say undies or underwear. (The only exception that i dont mind is in Miss congeniality when the blond said "i stole red panties" it cracks me up and i dont know why.)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I hate the word Monday because it means back to work :(

I don't really hate words so much as people's misuse of them. For example (and this applies mainly to UK Midlanders) saying brought instead of bought, "i went to Tesco and brought a new TV". No, you didn't, you bought one.

For the person who hates being referred to as bab - in Bristol its babbers *shudder*.

I also hate anyone who uses text speak, even in text messages. It is not hard to type full words.

When talking to my sister, she will often respond with, 'is it?'. What on earth did I say to make that an acceptable response? she doesn't get it when i respond back with, 'yes, it is'.

Agree with the adding 'age' to words, to make tunage, crewage.