anyone have actual zumba results??

Options

Replies

• Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    ti bought the dvd last year and found it hard to keep up at first but I found different routine and now I love doing it. but I'm just unsure how many calories I am burning. I have read all these posts and there is a bit of difference in amounts. I only do the 20 min. workout right now and when I put it into mfp exercise log, it tells me its around 543. But I've just read that you get that result from 60 minutes of zumba. does anyone know for sure? If you have any information please let me know. you can add me as a friend if you like.

Depending on your weight/how much you need to lose is based on the amount of calories you need to burn. I did 38 min today and only burned 342 calories. I weigh 142 and only need to lose another 10lbs.
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Been doing it on the wii since the middle of April. Have lost 26 pounds and almost two pant sizes so far!
  • mybbyajmc
    mybbyajmc Posts: 14
    Options
    Zumba is my life support! Between zumb and using this site to manage what I eat I have lost almost 25lbs so far! :) I go to. Zumba club that is all they do
  • SmoothScientist
    SmoothScientist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have had to stop Zumba temporarily because I developed Plantar fascilitis (spelling?) I don't know if it is due to that or not since I did modify steps so it wasn't high impact. It could also have been the shoes I was wearing. Can anyone suggest further modifications to Zumba (I love it!) or a similar type of dance activity or exercise. Thanks.
  • ZombieSidwell
    Options
    I absolutely love zumba. I usually go to zumba class about three times a week and I have had great results in weight loss and inches.
  • alettep
    alettep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Started Zumba last November & didn't notice much change in weight loss until I added weight training/toning on top of it. Zumba did increase my endurance & has made doing the "Couch to 5k" running plan that I've added in much easier! The instructors at the fitness center I go to always stress that you should do weight training to build muscle so your body burns more calories when you do work out but that you also need the cardio to help with weight loss. Since January am down 18lbs ~had lost 12 before joining MFP 3 weeks ago. Remember any exercise is better than nothing & if you find something you love, you'll stick with it. Good luck!
  • catsinpajamas
    Options
    omg, yes. 50lbs
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    sameshirtdifferentday100.jpg

Most of my weight loss I have zumba to thank for :) About 75% of all the exercise I do is zumba. I'm not really good at running or anything like that so this is a good alternative for me :)
  • Sapphiredroplet
    Sapphiredroplet Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I recommend going for it. If you enjoy your excercise you are more apt to follow through and continue going. We are all here for encouragement try it and decide if its for you. I do prefer the classes in person rather than the videos I couldn't follow the foot work on the video. In person its usually songs that are common so you can catch the rythm better. I am 27yrs old 5' 11" 310lbs now and I can move with the music. I love to dance!

Go to ZUMBA.COM and hit find a class at the top to find one near you. Try it out a lot of places will let you try the 1st class for free to see if you like it. Try out different classes some classes are better than others you may like the music at one and not the other. Also, the cost I used to think I couldn't afford it but I only pay $25 a month for as many classes as I want to attend and they have them all the time in my small town. You might be suprised how close a class is held to where you live. They are held in church and school gyms, auto body shop is where mine is held. They are a blast.

PS. Sorry I got a little wordy. lol
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Can't justify with inches or weight loss, since I just started doing Zumba about 30 mins 2x a week onmy Wii.
    When I can't walk I do the Wii. Hot outside nowadays.
  • Tiff6884
    Tiff6884 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello,

I am living proof Zumba works if you do it, and watch what you eat. I started Zumba on May 7th of this year and currently have lost 45lbs since starting it. I love Zumba and do it everyday. Here is a picture.

7594908096_2d532106ef.jpg
    45lbs gone by dreamscometrueweddingplanners, on Flickr
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    yes and yes. I have toned up a lot . I have medical resons why it is hard to loose weight. But my mother has lost 40 pounds in 2 months and my best friend has lost 60. We do it 3 times a week for 60 minutes. and master classes once a month.
  • huguleyswife
    Options
    I just got Zumba for my Wii and I absolutely love it!! I burned over 1,200 calories one 2 days!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Not Zumba, but I've lost 51lb dancing zouk lambada and similar latin styles.
  • skimbrough28
    skimbrough28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Last year, my mom and I did Zumba every Tuesday for about three months with at one of those Bootcamp locations in Chicago. I didn't change my eating habits, just committed myself to Zumba every Tuesday. The first month my weight didn't change but it also didn't increase. by the time my mom and I mastered the routine and started tracking, we were loosing 2 pounds a week just from Zumba. Unfortunately, our instructor left the center and I have tried other classes at other places that offered Zumba and the instructors weren't as patience, energetic, or willing to explain how the different moves work various parts of the body. But, I love Zumba. Once you get the hang of it its fun and after a few weeks, you can see the results (either maintaining your weight or losing a pound or two a week), probably more if you do it more than once a week.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    OK then what DVD should I buy? I would love it!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Results? See my ticker...
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    OK then what DVD should I buy? I would love it!

I haven't bought any of the DVDs just yet, but I'd say any of them. If you have a Wii, they're coming out with a new one this October called Zumba Core. I'm really excited about that one!
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I wished Zumba worked for me but found it tedious and barely broke a sweat. Really tried to stick with it but couldn't. I got much better results with P90x and now Insanity.
  • mdain06
    mdain06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba July 2009 and by Janurary 2010 I was down from 175 to 155, size 14 to size 10. I kept it off this whole entire time until recently I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have started back and hope to get the same results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!