Misjudged My Goals?

Okay so I've been on MFP since October, a month after I gave birth to bub no.2. My goals in the beginning were to reach at least 60kg (the highest "healthy" weight for my height) and to fit into size 12-14 pants. Well... In Janurary I fit into size 14 pants and size 8-10 tops and I just gave up. I was happy with how clothes were fitting and fairly happy with my body. But I was (and am) still about 20kg overweight. In the past 5 months I've barely logged my food and rarely exercised. I haven't really gained anything back, but I'm scared of that.

Suggestions? Try to keep losing weight or focus on maintaining?

Replies

• If 60kg is the highest healthy weight for your height and you are 60kg, then how can you also be 20kg overweight?
  • RunDottyRun
    RunDottyRun Posts: 95
    At the moment I bounce between 70-75kgs.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 810 Member
    Do you want to be "happy" with how your clothes fit or do you want to "rock" it in something maybe a size smaller. Are you happy with how you look naked too? If so, then just be careful and maintain what you have. Don't wait til you have gained 20 lbs before you decide to try to take control. If you are uncomfortable with how you look naked, try a bikini challenge. I took before shots two weeks ago and will post final results in July....UGH. That in itself is making me kick it into high gear.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    If you are happy where you are then just maintain, it will give you a calorie goal, and you can work with that and you will most likely stay where you are. But if you aren't quite happy, then set a goal and work towards it. The kg's are just a number and less important than how you feel. If you feel like making changes, get motivated, pick a goal and do it. But if you aren't really motivated, you won't stick to it. Good luck!