huge nsv for me & tell me yours!

Options

Replies

• hml86
    hml86 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on your NSV!! My NSV was being able to wrap the bath towel completely around me!!! :)) before it wouldn't cover me conpletely, now I can wrap it and have extra room!! YAH!!!!
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That's so great girl! Congrats!!!! My nsv today would have to be that i passed on the candy bowl at work today and i bought junk foods for a going away gift for a friend leaving her job for a new job and I haven't touched any of it!
  • syncynlyn
    syncynlyn Posts: 39
    Options
    All of y'all have great nsv's going on! Mine was actually putting on a pair of size 16 pants that I bought last week because all my old pants are so baggy (the crotch on my work slacks sag so bad, I have to pull my pants up 'a la Urkel) and realizing I could have gone down one more size because they were also loose!
  • DLPanther
    DLPanther Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I participated in Bike to Work day! I've been wanting to try it for a while now, I was just never brave enough, and it went GREAT! My commute only cost 30 cents for all day bike parking in a secure locker, and I burned 500 calories doing it! Will do again, definitely!
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yesterday,
    one of my workers was shocked to see me in my outfit. She couldn't believe how much weight I have lost. Great feeling. She also asked my advice on what she can do to lose weight and get fit.
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    I had an emtional morning, and ate 5 double stuffed Oreos, plus McDonald's with a large coke ( oh no, the diet police are going to jump all over that):noway: I ended up walking 3 miles, and ate a much healthier supper.:heart: Was only over by 88 calories:ohwell:
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I went all day without coffee! I didn't even crave one !

I did get a green tea bought for me though. I'm just switching to green tea for the benefits :)
  • kirsebaer
    kirsebaer Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV, OP (and everyone else too ;) )

I need to go out and buy a new bikini because my old one is way big now.

My NSV is that DH told me yesterday that he could definitely see a lot of change in my mid-section. :) I have been shredding for almost three weeks now, and have been gaining weight, so I really needed that NSV! :-)
  • jeskate
    jeskate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone... especially your first bikini purchase.
    I ordered some clothes online and enjoyed trying them on in front of the mirror. Yay.
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm as usual for my morning work-out but was too sick to do it and went back to bed, so eventually got up for work this morning feeling horrendous and like a massive failure. Went to the wardrobe and pulled out a pair of trousers I wore a couple of weeks ago and they were *huge* on me! I thought I could fix it with a belt (since I didn’t particularly want to re-think my outfit) but the belt didn’t have enough holes in it to keep the trousers up! Both the trousers and the belt had to be got rid of. Yay! That totally cheered me up! :)

Congratulations everyone on your own little victories – reading them all has really made my day and I’m feeling much more smiley now!
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Yesterday,
    one of my workers was shocked to see me in my outfit. She couldn't believe how much weight I have lost. Great feeling. She also asked my advice on what she can do to lose weight and get fit.

When people start asking you how to lose weight you know you've hit the big leagues. Congratulations!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Last fall I bought a coat on sale hoping that someday I would fit into it. Yesterday when I tried the coat on to show to my husband it was too big! I cant see the changes in my body yet but other people can and my clothes are getting much looser!

I have lost 16 lbs since Christmas, 7 of them after joining MFP!
  • Revenga1980
    Revenga1980 Posts: 63
    Options
    Great ! That's aweomse. The payoff moments are great . Mine was last weekend when I noticed that I could lift 60lb bags of cement without an issue! Even the men were struggling but I just hauled them like it was nothing. Then I measured myself and saw that I lost and inch since I started measuring myself which made me feel great. Also my boyfriend started commenting on how tight my body was getting and that made me feel even better.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I had a nice little NSV this morning. Just last night I was asking my husband "Can you tell I've lost? Why has no one else noticed?" You know.. that kind of thing.

Well, this morning as I walked into work (wearing a pair of jeans that would not even button when I started this journey) a coworker stopped me and asked "Wow, you are really losing some weight, aren't you?"

I know I had to grin from ear to ear... told her she was the first one that had noticed... and I hugged her. lol
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up between my belt being to big to fit...
    ..or...
    I found an old pair of jeans in the back of my closet, and they fit!
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My first NSV came yesterday.......sorry is this is TMI for some people....
    Had to pee really bad, should have done it before leaving work but didn't. Got home, having to pee even worse, but the dog was dancing more than me so he got to go first. By the time I got the bathroom I was running (10 cups of water per day) I was in so much of a hurry I didn't even notice that I pulled my JEANS down without unzipping them. I'm sure my neighbors heard my WHOHOO when I did my happy dance. Congrats to everyone on their own personal victories, each and every one has been earned and deserved.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new bikini!!

I work at a chocolate shop which is not the easiest thing when trying to lose weight and become more fit. Yesterday I was able to resist the chocolates on our reject tray which had my absolute favorite flavor on it. It's a small, tiny little thing, but I was super proud of myself and my will power last night.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow great job everyone! I'm smiling just from reading your posts! This morning when I went to work out one of the ladies I haven't seen in a while did a little double take and said wow I can really see your progress. It felt so nice & a pair of pants that were tight 3 weeks ago are almost to the point of no return cuz they are getting too big.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My first NSV came yesterday.......sorry is this is TMI for some people....
    Had to pee really bad, should have done it before leaving work but didn't. Got home, having to pee even worse, but the dog was dancing more than me so he got to go first. By the time I got the bathroom I was running (10 cups of water per day) I was in so much of a hurry I didn't even notice that I pulled my JEANS down without unzipping them. I'm sure my neighbors heard my WHOHOO when I did my happy dance. Congrats to everyone on their own personal victories, each and every one has been earned and deserved.

Have soooooo completely been in this situation before, can't wait to be there again!!!:happy:
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Fantastic everyone!!!! I love reading all the happy little things that you would never think of before being such a great thing now. My NSV is that I finally did a pull up unassisted!! Only one, but it's just the beginning!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!