Ezekiel Bread--where to buy

Options
jbwegner
jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
Hi all! I keep hearing about Ezekiel bread, but can't find it. I live in the Atlanta area, and I've looked at Publix, Kroger, and Wal-Mart. Anyone, know where I can find it? Thanks!

Replies

• VeganGal
    VeganGal Posts: 26
    Options
    I don't know about the Atlanta area specifically, but I found it at my local grocery store (Dominick's...not sure if it's a nationwide chain). It was a bit tricky though because it was actually in the frozen section rather than with other breads since it does not have preservatives. Trader Joe's also carries Ezekiel. Hope that helps :smile:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    What's ezekiel bread?
  • jbwegner
    Options
    I don't know about the Atlanta area specifically, but I found it at my local grocery store (Dominick's...not sure if it's a nationwide chain). It was a bit tricky though because it was actually in the frozen section rather than with other breads since it does not have preservatives. Trader Joe's also carries Ezekiel. Hope that helps :smile:

Ahhh. the freezer section. I'll try that. And there's gotta be a Trader Joe's around here. Thank you!
  • jbwegner
    Options
    What's ezekiel bread?
    [/quote

It's supposed to be really healthy and good for weight loss. The Bigges Loser books all mention it as well as some other weight loss books and magazines I've read. It's all natural too.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    They carry it at Kroger's in the frozen section with all the tofu/ Amy's and 'health' food. Whole Foods also carries Ezekiel- and they were about a dollar cheaper than the Kroger's by our house.

I absolutely love it. The Low Sodium is actually sodium free and deeeelish. Best toast ever.
  • VeganGal
    VeganGal Posts: 26
    Options
    I absolutely agree...best toast EVER. I always get the low sodium. There are also a lot of other nutritious and natural Ezekiel products...pasta, tortillas, etc. Food For Life Baking Co. is the company that actually produces Ezekiel 4:9 products and a few other varieties. Their website foodforlife.com discusses all of their products. Actually, I just went to the site and they have a store finder as well....just pop in your zip code and find the nearest carrier. cool!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    What's ezekiel bread?

Sprouted grain bread............it is all natural, no chemicals, no preservatives.

I get it from the Neighborhood Coop near me.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I saw it in the freezer section at Publix and I want to try it also.
    Do you guys just take out a slice or two and then put it back in the freezer? I wasn't sure whether it needed to be thawed or what :wink:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I keep hearing about Ezekiel bread, but can't find it. I live in the Atlanta area, and I've looked at Publix, Kroger, and Wal-Mart. Anyone, know where I can find it? Thanks!

All the stores you've listed...I found it in. Also, Harrys Farmers Market/Whole Foods also carry it. It'll be in the freezer section. I also live in ATL.
  • jbwegner
    Options
    I found it in the freezer of the natural/health food section at Kroger. Thanks to everyone who told me to look there. I never would have looked for bread in the freezer! Can't wait to try it tomorrow morning!
  • bethannc
    Options
    Publix has it in the freezer section.