Help for dinner please?

Options
Drawberry
Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you fine fitness biscuits could lend me a hand. Boyfriend would like to order out Chinese tonight, which I don't mind as we haven't had money to eat out in some time. Normally I would get szechuan chicken, since it isn't fried and comes with lots of veggies and stir fried chicken. However as some of you may have guessed this tends to be practically swimming in sauce. Would anyone have suggestions on a good alternative? I was thinking pepper-steak as a good option, and packaging up half of it to have tomorrow.

I also have a small ceasar salad (around 230 calories) I was going to have before he got home, so I wouldn't be prone to eating a whole portion of the take-away.

What would be some good choices for ordering? I am not big on sea-food and cannot see myself enjoying shrimp noodles too much :P would Pepper-Steak be a healthier option? I don't plan on getting any sides or soups or desserts-just an entree.

What sorts of dishes do you love ordering from Chinese take-aways?

Replies

• scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    sorry i can't be much help cause i always get sweet n sour chicken or pork with fried rice and 1 egg roll. it makes 2 meals easy for me. i know its not a big help though. good luck
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE chicken lettuce wraps. Most Chinese places estimate them at about 600 cals max for the whole dish. Some places also have veggie lettuce wraps for less cals. I can swear by that dish.
  • lisabrezina1980
    lisabrezina1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I get steamed chicken and vegetables...it's not that great but it is tastey and healthy. If you are unlike me and can control your portion General tso's chicken isn't really too bad!
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Beef and broccoli with white rice is my go-to Chinese. Delish!
  • Drawberry
    Options
    Unfortunately they don't offer appetizers like lettuce wraps D: they're a pretty hole-in-the-wall kind of joint. Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I might also have that small salad before hand and wrap up half of the meal for tomorrow.
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    This is very simple. Order sauce on the side, and spoon two tablespoons on one portion size of your meal. Eat slowly, drink lots of water while you eat. I do this with my husband often :)
  • Drawberry
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys ^^!

Unfortunately it didn't look like they'd be able to cook the chicken separately from the sauce (I think the veggies are mixed into the sauce already or something..not quite sure) so I ordered the pepper-steak.

I'll munch on that salad before Boyfriend picks it up on his way home and keep half for tomorrow.

Boyfriend decided to order one of the highest calorie meals-sweet and sour chicken :P I think that meal alone is more calories then my whole day!
  • robynelizabeth1234
    Options
    When my boyfriend wants to get chinese i will get san choi bow (lettuce cups with finely chopped mince, spices and veggies), or chicken and sweet corn soup, or steamed dim dims, or stir fried veggies in a ginger or sweet chilli sauce. these are the lowest calorie items i have found through my research.
    it is hard eating low cal with a boyfriend who loves take away and junk food!