Super Tired=Super Hungry?

Options
I'm a mom of 2 toddlers (3 and 2), and my husband is currently out of the country, so it's all on me--which leaves me feeling pretty tired/exhausted on a regular basis. But I've been tracking it over the last few months and noticed that on nights when I get even LESS sleep than normal, and feel tired/sluggish the next day, I'm also much more hungry. I assume that it's simply my body's coping mechanism to needing energy, but that doesn't help with my attempts at losing weight.

So--my question is--anyone else experience this? And what do you do to combat it? (Other than get more rest, take a nap, etc as those are not usually an option).

Replies

• maksimsmom
    maksimsmom Posts: 11
    Options
    i can relate, i have 3 kids and though they are older now, i was at my biggest when they were in their toddler stage. the way i lost weight was by cutting carbs. i realized they were my go-to foods when i was bored or tired or just feeling lonely. something you could try is body by vi. i started taking the shakes to boost my energy and get heatlthy and i ended up losing 15 pounds at the same time. i sleep well, i have less cravings and much more energy. i would recommend it to anyone and wish i had known about body by vi when my kids were toddlers. anyways, you are not alone, i know how you are feeling! Take care of yourself and if you have any questions, just let me know!
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It's hard to have the will power to eat right and in the proper amounts when tired. Tired as the result of caring for young children makes this 1,000,000 times worse. I empathize with you. Having meals and snack that are calorie dense but also healthful can give you the energy you need to make it until nap time. :)
  • robynelizabeth1234
    Options
    When i'm tired and hungry i have an instant coffee, it fills my stomach with warmth giving a full feeling, and perks me up. although coffee is not as ideal as having a good 7 or 8 hour sleep, it is a temporary fix for me :)
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    :-) mine are 13 months and almost 3. I'm so there with you. My husband travels for work often. I give in some days. Other days (if we can) I try to distract myself by going outside with the kids. Even if it's just to the front yard b/c one of them is napping. If I can get moving (not in an exercise fashion, but just playing) it seems to help me wake up.
    Other than that, I live on diet soda.