My wedding rings dont fit :(

Options
My wedding rings dont fit :(
i havent worn them for about a year because ive just put on so much weight. Im really hoping my fingers will start shrinking because Im so desperate to wear them again. Anyone else had this problem?? How long did it take until your fingers shrunk??

xxPINK

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the season doesn't help. Although my weight hasn't really changed, I have to take my rings off every morning in order to work because they are so tight due to humidity and summertime. Give yourself time. Even with your weight loss, it may not show up until the weather gets cooler. Keep going though. Soon you'll be complaining that they're too loose.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend bought me a pretty ring for my birthday (new years) and it took a 50 lbs loss for me to get to the point where I can no longer wear it cause it falls off and needs to be sized. Going by that Iwould say somewhere between 30-40 lbs maybe but do take into consideration what the previous post says cause the heat sure does play on my body like that too.
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Funny you should say that :wink: because I took my ring off my necklace and tried them on...................but..........you guessed it, the don't fit, I guess I will have to lose a bit more first! I am desperate to put mine back on too. I took them off at christmas, because the weather cooled down enough to lose the excess fluid out of my fingers so I could take them off,:embarassed: they were really tight. So am not willing to put them on until I know I can get them off again:tongue:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well for me, my fingers were the first thing to shrink! I have a hard time keeping my rings on, especially my wedding ring (hubbs is not thrilled about that one!). I wear rings on 8 of my 10 fingers and they are all loose now and I have only lost 24lbs. Maybe that's why no one has noticed I've lost weight, it's all in my fingers!!! Anywho, your fingers will shrink, I promise!!!!
    I'm going to have to start wearing my wedding ring on a necklace until I lose all my weight so I don't have to have it sized so many times!!!

Have a great healthy day!!

Memaw
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My rings are lose too. You can buy ring snugs at Claires. They fit around the band under your finger and hold the ring tight. I am using these until I finsih losing the weight. Then I will get my rings sized
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My rings are lose too. You can buy ring snugs at Claires. They fit around the band under your finger and hold the ring tight. I am using these until I finsih losing the weight. Then I will get my rings sized

I need to make a trip to Claires.................I went to throw a cherry pit out the car window the other morning on my way to work and my wedding ring almost flew off my finger...........Mine is so loose that I could probably wear it on my middle finger.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    You can get them at WalMart too. That's where I found mine, come in a pack of different sizes.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I think I had lost about 25lbs before I could wear my ring on my middle finger again. I had to take it off last summer when my fingers were massively swollen and I could barely bend them.

Now that I am wearing it I haven't noticed it getting any looser. I am waiting for it to need resizing before I fix my favorite ring (as a reward), but apparently the weight is dropping off other parts of my body instead at the moment (not that I am complaining :happy: )
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    My fingers shrank first and just last week I had to put my wedding ring on my right hand and now I'm wearing my class ring on my left hand. I REALLY didn't want to risk losing my wedding band and my hubby understands the switch. I'm going to wait until I'm done losing to get it resized. My class ring is actually a little loose so I don't know what I'll go to next but I'll put something on that finger.
  • kelly829
    kelly829 Posts: 4
    Options
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    FYI--- I just this past May had all three of my wedding rings re-sized. When one fell into the trash ( thank goodness I noticed straight away) It was time to take them to Kay. It only cost about 30 bucks per ring to have resized....Money well spent
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mine are so loose now that I can't wear them. I was 180-185 when I got married....I would say they started slipping off at about 165. So give it some time, I bet they'll start to fit after you lose 20 lbs. or so.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I didn't know that. I also want to wait until I'm done losing and have maintained for a while before I have them re-sized. Mine are family heirlooms so I really don't want to mess with them too much.
  • mdeesi
    mdeesi Posts: 2
    Options
    You will be able to wear them again!!!!! : ) I gained alot of weight after having kids (1st one 5 yrs ago). Once I realized that I wasn't losing the weight, I had them resized at least 2 sizes. I have been at my weight loss now for 5 1/2 months and have lost 35 lbs. They are so loose now! That probably started happening around 20 lbs lost. Silly thing is, I can't stop slipping them on and off my finger bc it really shows me how much weight I have lost. Keep it up, you will be able to wear them again!!!!!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Something else to really help with tight rings-Drink LOTS of water and watch your sodium intake. My rings are snug, but I notice when I am well hydrated and don't each much salt, they're actually loose...even when my weight hasn't changed. Hope that helps!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I lost weight in my fingers first. After losing ten pounds I also lost my promise ring. :( Well I guess its time for an upgrade. :laugh:
  • sbennett23
    sbennett23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This happened to me after I got married. Mine were so tight I never wanted to wear them. I really noticed a difference after having lost 20lbs and now they are pretty loose but not coming off yet! You will be able to wear them again soon.
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My rings were getting tight when I started losing weight (starting to feel uncomfortable). After about 20 pounds, they feel a little bit loose. But I felt nothing the first 15 pounds.

Keep at it - they will shrink again!
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    My wedding rings are loose on me now and they were TIGHT when I started getting fit in march, so for me it's taken about 4 months to drop about 1/2 to 1 full ring size. Hope this helps