discouraged

goldsguy
goldsguy Posts: 58
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
After weeks of cardio, weight training and great eating habits I finally lost some weight two weeks ago only to pick up 3 lbs this pass week. I could blame it on the holiday, but I wasn't out of control. I can't let it get me down. I guess I needed to vent. So disappointing:grumble:

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Oh don't worry about it! Carry on with what you were doing - maybe mix up your routine a bit - drinks lots of water and it'll come back off. Don't get discouraged! This happened to me a few weeks ago and I took it badly and ended up gaining 2lbs and not losing again for a bit but THEN I went on holiday to Greece came back, dreaded weighing myself and found I'd lost weight so have got back on it and have lost 5lbs since! Woo :-)

Def drinks lots of water might just be retention :-) good luck!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    :flowerforyou: Go here for inspiraton:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/59296-how-much-have-you-lost

Losing weight takes time. The less you have to lose (your ticker indicates 14 lbs), the harder it is to drop. Take a look at sodium and carb intake in your diet. Give this time to work, not only a few weeks, but a few MONTHS. It's taken me a whole year to lose 27 lbs and I'm not done yet. Have faith!:flowerforyou:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    After weeks of cardio, weight training and great eating habits I finally lost some weight two weeks ago only to pick up 3 lbs this pass week. I could blame it on the holiday, but I wasn't out of control. I can't let it get me down. I guess I needed to vent. So disappointing:grumble:
    Weight training? Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, and it helps burn fat. So the scale numbers will go up a bit, but don't forget to do your measurments too. You've probably lost inches. How are your clothes fitting?
    Don't lose hope! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.