Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hi Guys

I finally :happy: got my HRM but I am confused lol ... I did a 30 min walk at 6MPH and my rate was 117/64 for 90% of the workout

Is that a good rate? I am 180lbs and 5ft 7" and 37 yrs

I was nearly falling off the treadmill lol even tho I was walking forward so it was a tough workout :blushing:

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Use this website to calculate what your heart rate zones are:

http://www.bodyforlife2.com/max_heart_rate.htm

The first Zone is for fat burning, the second for improving fitness and the third is for maximizing fitness.

Hope that helps.
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The zones calculated by most sites are estimates based upon averages. Some people have signifigantlyl higher or lower Maximum heart rats than others. I have a higher max heart rate than the charts typically show. Mine is around 205 as a 27 yo male. which according to conventional maximums should be 193 (220-age). But for most people the charts are pretty close. I was a little freaked out the first time I saw my heart rate get to 196 while running a 5k.

Maximum heart rate (MHR) can be predicted using a formula but the variation in actual MHR of 95% of individuals of a given age will lie within a range of ±20 beats/minute [Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 2007; 39(5):822-829]