29 y/o woman looking to lose 135 lbs, looking for buddies.

Options
LinaBo
LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
Hi there, I have been tracking for about 3 weeks, but am just now introducing myself officially on the message board. I am 29 years old and from BC, Canada. I am 5' 7.5" and currently about 271 lbs, aiming to cut that weight roughly in half. My weight loss goal incorporates building some solid muscle, as I used to lift weights and love being strong (without getting to a point of looking like the male lead singer of an 80s hair band). I despise the word "tone," when it is used as a verb, because I've heard it used too often as a buzz word for people afraid of their own muscle mass:huh:

I have a disability, in the form of Fibromyalgia (which these days, based on the latest neuroimaging studies, is pointing to some craziness involving abnormalities in the CNS: brain, nerves, spinal fluid, etc. Essentially, it's my brain overreacting to stimuli with a LOT more body pain and fatigue than what a person without it would experience). I also have a bad mid-back, which to lesser degrees can cause me some frequent low-grade nausea, and to greater degrees can cause a massive, ribcage-engulfing pain. Fun times! I do believe that losing the excess weight and strengthening my muscles will relieve my symptoms, maybe even kick this thing into remission, but it will be hella difficult... so a support system is a must!:bigsmile:

On the bright side, I am also a culinary arts grad, which allows me to concoct (when I have the energy and the funds) some tasty, healthy dishes, which I just might share the recipes to. I'm trying to eat more such things and stop being such a junk food junkie. I'm also available to offer some culinary troubleshooting for my friends' culinary adventures.

So yeah, anyway: looking for new friends from the "100+ Club", both near and far from their goal, similar age group (25 - 40ish), similar gender, similar height. Mostly. Exceptions are welcome. Bonus thing in common: if your body shape is an "hourglass with most of the sand at the bottom," like mine, then great... you can totally feel my pain about tree-trunky legs!:laugh:

Lina

Replies

• WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me =] I don't meet your requirements though haha

Best of luck with your weightloss journey!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    you can add me im 26 5'8and need to lose about 200
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from fibromyalgia so I can relate to a lot of the struggles you must be facing--feel free to add me
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and that goes for anyone else also :) The more support and encouragement we all have the better we will do!
  • sarahsaur
    sarahsaur Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm 27, just started a couple weeks ago, and so far I've lost 11 lbs! I'm looking to lose about 150+ (I weigh 277 today and I'm 5'1") We can do it! :)
  • thecomicshopgirl
    thecomicshopgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I just joined too! I'm 27 and I'm looking to lose 95lbs (not 100+ but it's close)!
  • MrsV323
    MrsV323 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in the same boat as you sweety as far as the "more sand at the bottom" :) If i run too quick, I may just start a fire with my "thunder thighs"! hahaha I too am 29 years old, I'm 5/6// and I'm currently weighing in at 296... wanting to lose half of myself. We can totally do this! Feel free to add me :)
  • dementedtink
    Options
    hi there. how are you? im looking for buddies as well. i love to cook, wish i could go to school for it but funds wont allow me lol. i am 29 years old, and im looking to loose alot more then 100lbs. if you would like to add me you can feel free to.
  • doto0816
    doto0816 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anyone wanting a buddy can add me. I am 5'7 and looking to lose around 130 lbs.
  • scjackson23
    scjackson23 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me. I am to an hourglass shape. I don't meet all of your requiremtns but I think I am close. I need to lose about 75lbs. I started at 275 5yrs ago and after 3kids I am finally at 225. In the last 8months is when I have lost the most weight. I took some time off from eating healthy and exercises the last few months and with beach season around the corner well...time to kick my butt so I can get out in the sun with my kiddos. I came to this site not to necersarly count calories but to get the support I need. I find it very hard to do this alone. Well, good luck to you!!!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Whew! Lots of replies so quickly! :) I'm friend-requesting as much as this site and my typing skills will let me, but please feel free to send me one, if I miss you! Even if you've posted a response to my post, just recently. Thanks! :)
  • aswandacorbett
    aswandacorbett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as your buddy