Grrrrrr - Getting old and trying to lose weight !

Options
A bit annoyed today ... been a yo yo dieter all my adult life , also a binge eater :blushing: - In the past when I've reached the point I am at now , eating well , excersing more - The Kg's fall off rather nicely .

But noooooooooooo , not anymore , the Kgs will not shift , its so annoying ! :angry:

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Baby steps and patience is the key.
  • Kailee360
    Kailee360 Posts: 46
    Options
    Thank-you AZ ... :smile:
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Options
    Right there with you! I think it is a combination of the years and years of yoyo dieting ruining our metabolism and getting older ruining our metabolism! I guess we are just going to have to be patient and keep at it. Btw, how many pounds are in a kg?
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    it only means you need to work twice as hard... and there's where the fun part is :drinker:
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Happens to most women as they get older... get rid of food that has no nutritional value -- eat lots of fruit, veggies, lean protein and ditch the processed foods and sugar. At our age -- all that sugary, starchy carbs goes straight to the belly and stays there forever.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    It is so much harder and slower to lose weight at 65 than it was in my 30's. I wish I had had a site like this back then, then maybe I would have kept if off instead of all the yo-yoing. So all you youngsters out there--keep that in mind and do what you can to maintain your loss.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    If you haven't added strength training, you might want to alternate that with your cardio workouts. It worked for me! I checked your profile, and I can relate to wanting to be able to sit on the floor and get up easily. :laugh: Before I lost weight, I insisted on sitting at the table to play games with my granddaughter. Now, getting up and down is no problem.

I'm older than you, so don't give up! Counting calories and exercising really does work! Have fun with it!
  • Kailee360
    Kailee360 Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks guys - Your encouragement and tips are all very welcome ... I'm about to do my Leslie Sansone DVD NOW , needed a push tho' :happy:

Oh , A Kg is just over 2 pounds .Oretexan .