If $$$ were no issue, what would you do with yourself?

Options

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'd open a no-kill cat shelter and work there part-time, open a coffee shop/ art gallery and start painting again and feature local artists. I'd still go to school to become a nail tech too and do that part-time for fun. :D
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Travel the world, habitat for humanity projects, set up my loved ones for financial security. I would still be doing photography too, though rather than trying to make a living off of it, would just do art projects for the fun of it :)
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    Travel, travel travel, volunteer, travel, travel, travel
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    If money were no issue, i would get a chef who would cook all my meals according to my diet. i could do all the rest myself.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'd train for triathlon full time while also becoming a USAT Certified triathlon coach helping other people achieve their dreams of becoming an Ironman.

Of course I would have to travel the world and do every race at least once.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    First off, I would be on a plane to S. Korea before noon tomorrow.

Long term, I'd love to be a travel photographer.

Probably set up a scholarship fund for the arts.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'd find a cure for Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease, then go live in Disneyland.
  • charlibets
    charlibets Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Travel....garden....bike....eat out all the time....take classes.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If money weren't an issue, I would still work. I have a passion, and that's what I'm studying for my career. It's not because of the money. I could potentially make VERY little money, or I could potentially make a LOT of money doing what I'm studying... I couldn't NOT work. Any time I've been unemployed, I've enjoyed the first couple days but I get bored SO easily.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I would work for free in my profession (nurse) in countries that need medical aid. I would bring my daughter along to show her that you can love yourself while helping others. :)

I would take care of my parents and siblings financially.

I would eventually move to a warm country where nobody knows me, and live on the water. I would help my daughter follow her dreams, whatever they may be.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    ps. thanks for asking this great question. It makes us think about what is really important in life.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'd join the Peace Corps and travel to central and south America and be an English as a second language teacher.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I'd start a charity to help people are "stuck between the cracks"....make too much for assistance but not enough to really live on or do things. People who pray that the car doesn't stop working cause fixing it means not buying food for a month.

I'd have my own home gym, indoor pool, steam room, and hot tub and would have a personal trainer come to me every day so I can get fit without people staring or laughing under their breath at "the fat chick" even though I have lost more than they even weigh

I'd travel with my daughter and show her all the places that she learns about in books so she can really understand the true wonder of the world out there.

Take care of those who have stuck by me through thick and thin
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'd start with a few things that I've always wanted to have done. Get a few slightly crooked teeth straightened and whitened (I drink a butt-ton of coffee!!!) and get Lasik surgery on my eyes as I've worn glasses since I was in 2nd grade. I have a couple of friends that are HIV/AIDS activists and run a non-profit organization. I'd really like to work with them more. I'm also a writer and I would love to travel from town to town doing poetry jams and reading at coffeehouses and such. I'd go to all the classic art museums of the world and I would homeschool my children so they could go on all of these adventures with me
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'd still work but I'd take a lot more breaks on my luxury yacht (as opposed to being unable to afford to holiday right now)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Tummy tuck, buy my parents a decent house, and my dad a home nurse.
    Go to Thailand, Cambodia, New Zealand, Australia, Italy, Greece, Spain, Egypt, back to Brazil, Beale Street in Memphis TN.
    Buy us a house and a good vehicle.

Then there are the charities I would give to.... It's a long list.

And I would top it off with a tattoo. Full sleeve with a bunch of meaningful designs I've drawn, or small, elegant script of my favorite poem, stretching from one wrist, across my back to the other wrist.
    "I am the daughter of earth and water, the nursling of the sky. I pass through the pores of oceans and shores, I change but I cannot die..." (The Cloud by Percy Bysshe Shelley)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Buy a nice SUV, get on the road and just travel. I have been to 3 continents, theres alot more of the world I haven't seen and I would love to explore it!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i wanna fill a swimming pool with $1000 bills and swim in it
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have to ever go to work again I would take my kids and husband to travel the world. I would also love to go back to school. If I could I would take classes all the time.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'd find a cure for Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease, then go live in Disneyland.

I'd give you some of my money to help with this, since I have a good friend suffering from this right now :-(