SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo July 8

Options
mechanicmom
mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
Good morning!
Cp, I don't know if they ever started a July thread. I haven't been doing mine. I know I will regret not keeping up with them but for some reason I just don't feel I have it in me. I am taking a little time off and will try to start again soon. Oh, and my friend was taking ballroom dancing (and eating better) and lost like 20 pounds pretty quickly. Maybe once you get the hang of belly dancing you will find ways to use different muscles and get a better work out. Also the instructor just may work you harder. For my friend it was good exercise.
Today is horse therapy and a little bit of shopping at the health food store. I need to hurry up and make a list. It always seems to sneak up on me. I did get the garage sale stuff organized, so I need to start cleaning some of the stuff and pricing it all. May start that today. And I need to keep my sugar down. Struggled yesterday.
I am not doing so great in the exercise department, but I think right now I am so focused on trying to get my eating under control that exercise will have to come as I have time. I may try to get something done today, like Shred or something. It's hard to work out on Wednesdays because it's a full day. And I am so sleepy!:yawn:
Oh yeah, I realized yesterday that I can never steal anything. I can only sprint for about 20 seconds before I feel like I am going to die. :laugh: I wouldn't get far.
Sleepy Wednesday Boogaloo!
MM

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in before I leave for teaching. (the second to the last class. . .and then my summer begins! Hooray!)

Today is a day off from structured workouts, but I'll probably get a walk home from the subway if the rain holds off (we're having a wet summer).

Also, I'm wearing my HRM to get an idea of what I burn on a "normal" non-exercise day. At least it's a ballpark. . .

So, water, and staying in my planned food (I'm planning everything for the day in the morning. . .this seems to work for me.)

According to plan boogaloo!

Oh, and CP bellydance isn't too cardio until you get a bit more advanced. But, your abs and backside will get a workout (I miss the B.D. waist I had it was a bit tinier than the one I have now. . .I find myself doing moves while I brush my teeth. . .) Once I got to "continuing beginner" class I was burning about 400 a class!

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today is either running or aerobics after work. Probably running - if I'm going to work up to trail running (they go 5-6 miles at a time!), I probably need to work on my endurance. I have only run 5 miles once, and that was with no incline. I just found out that there is also a belly dance class at one of the suburban Y branches (which I can visit because I have a metro membership) on the weekend - so maybe I will give that a try as well. My quads are a little sore today from shimmying. :tongue:

Glad your summer is almost here, V. We have had a few beautiful days (this last weekend, for example), but it has been pretty cool and wet here as well. I'm wearing long sleeves! :noway:
    Oh yeah, I realized yesterday that I can never steal anything. I can only sprint for about 20 seconds before I feel like I am going to die. :laugh: I wouldn't get far.
    :laugh: :laugh: Honestly, though - you probably shouldn't be able to "sprint" for a lot longer than that - otherwise it wouldn't be a sprint! Oh, and MM - it was a little tough for me to get back to push-ups again after a couple of weeks off, but it felt good to get through them. I will probably go ahead and start up another thread tonight - do you think it should stay in Motivation & Support, or go in the Fitness & Exercise section?

Back on the wagon boogaloo!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    MM - my sugar opinion - Agave and Honey are the same, slightly better than sugar because they aren't refined and have a few trace nutrients - but it's really all just sugar. I think it's easier to give up all together than substituting.

V - I loved the badlands when I went. Granted, I like rocks. I can't remember where we stayed - I think near Mt. Rushmore.

So, I had the coldest July 4th ever. It was about 64 degrees and the sea breeze made me feel colder. I was wearing two shirts and a jacket and still wished I brought a towel from the hotel to wrap myself in. It was cool and cloudy most of the trip. It's going to be 104 the next three days with a heat index of 108. Welcome home. If I ever go back to S. California, remind me to wait until the sun comes out.

We saw humpback whales and a pair of blue whales. You couldn't really appreciate their size though. Also saw a huge dolphin pod and lots of California sea lions, which were my favorite because they reminded me of puppies. If I go again, I'll go to the Channel Islands National Park - we sailed around it and saw sea caves, but it was mostly a whale watching trip. Like I said, I like rocks. I do not like being on the water though. Lets just say, it would be a great diet - I don't get sick, but I can't eat either. Definitely couldn't handle WL's job.

Loved the LA Arboretum and Huntington Gardens. Saw some great trees. The Arboretum is just as good as Huntington and about 1/3 of the price.

Everyone is Santa Monica works out - as far as I could tell. The bike/jog/walk/rollerblade/skateboard lanes were always busy. No excuses, WL :wink: Hardly anyone was really overweight. Comparing Santa Monica to Houston is scary - just goes to show what some sidewalks, bike lanes, and a very nice climate can do. I think if we really want to encourage exercise, we need to work on urban development of parks, sidewalks, etc.

WL - you should try Euphoria Love Rawvolution - I had the zucchini pesto - yum. It's just shredded zucchini (made to look like spaghetti noodles) with a nut/basil sauce. It's near the Sunday Farmer's Market - so it's a two in one trip. I wasn't as impressed with Planet Raw, though at the Farmer's Market, they had a wonderful mango crepe.

I exercised everyday though nothing very hard - even on the train I got some walks in. Only did yoga three times though - and only one full class. I understand why people do yoga on the beach - it's very meditative - but in SM you need a wooden board or something because I kept slipping down in the sand. You also need a jacket. :laugh: Did some biking as well but now, unless I get up really early, the bike will stay in the garage.

Today begins my teaching 5 classes a week for July. I went to yoga yesterday to get back in the swing, and I'm sore today. Also a trip to the gym.

Back in the swing boogaloo!

Mary
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    My husband is quick with the camera - he caught me doing an almost perfect handstand :bigsmile:

Also, I thought of you, V, when I saw two hot tubs at the hotel - one was at 94 degrees and the other at 104 - so I thought, Astanga and Bikram :laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Mary, it sounds like a nice trip...even if it was a little cold. I wish I could go on a trip. I hope to be going on a couple of big ones this fall. :smile:
    It's day 3 of the "diet" and I don't want to do it anymore. Am I eating better? Yes, way better. Am I feel better? Maybe a little...at least I don't have the sugar highs and lows. I am starting to miss the foods I can't eat right now. That will go away right? I am thinking it will get worse before it gets better. We got coupons in the mail for Red Robin. I love their burgers! Now I want to go get one. I ate some almonds instead. I know this is when it gets tough, and I need to stick it out. Four more days and it should get easier right? Oi.
    Just needed to vent. I'll be okay.
    MM