HELP!!! fashion advice mostly

Options
callmejessica
callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
Sooo I'm going on a first date tomorrow and I want to make a good impression. (I haven't been on a first date in sooooo long! Kind of not in the know.) We are going to an Italian place and he said he is wearing a collared shirt. What should I wear? I live in California, so it will be pretty warm tomorrow night.

Also, we are seeing a movie after I think, and he wants me to choose. Any good recommendations?

Replies

• Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My usual go-to outfit for a first date is dark jeans, nice top, heels. Enough to put effort, but not overdone.

I'd go an action film for a first date. Something that the guys would like, but girls can go 'ga ga' over the hot men. :)
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I would wear....

1) A nice dress (not fitted; sorta like a sun dress)
    2) Heels (also, make sure they don't make you taller than him, they don't seem to like that :laugh:)
    2) A necklace and/or bracelet
    3) and a little bit of make-up (your so pretty, you don't need to hide :smile:)

Hope I helped and have fun on your date tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • callmejessica
    Options
    Well, I am short and he is not, so even with heels I think I will be fine.
    Action movie is a good idea. I hear "Avengers" is really good?

Thank you ladies for the tips!! I just hope I don't mess this up because this guy is definitely a 10!!!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    The "Advengers" is a fantastic movie! I have seen. It is great for everyone. Again, hope you have fun:flowerforyou:
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Either jeans and a nice top, or a cute sun dress. Dont over do it though, guys like a natural girl.. or so im told
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely do Avengers if he hasn't seen it yet. I saw it with my brother...he was busy enjoying the action and I was busy perving on Thor, Captain America ans Ironman. :)
  • callmejessica
    Options
    Haha Avengers it is as long as he's ok with it!!! Captain America definitely will have my attention.
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    dark shadows!
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    cute sundress, light sweater, nice flats and simple but fun jewelry
  • callmejessica
    Options
    Oh man! Dark Shadows looked really good too!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    yayy for cali, I'm from california too!!! wear nice jeans (dark wash preferably) with a cute tank top (maybe one with some sequins or something?) and cute sandals! or a cute summer dress! or one of those tight skirts with a bigger shirt tucked in and belt (if that makes sense)

have fun, I'm jealous, i haven't been on a date in forever :(
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    collared shirt means it is a dressier place, a nice dress but not too dressy is good, sundress is a good idea, or cute top and skirt, avengers is totally awesome and good choice for first date and to take a guy to!
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    and i live in cali also - nothing really exists but flip flop - at least in my town. well that or uggs. just bc he is wearing a collared shirt doesn't mean he wont be in jeans also so i wouldn't dress up to tooo much *shrugs*
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    sundress
    cardigan
    nice earrings
    no necklace because the sundress should show off your neck/chest (no cleavage)
    strappy heels or sandals
    clutch
    minimal makeup (eyeliner, mascara, a little blush)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thats true about the shirt and maybe he is wearing jeans, but you cant go wrong with a sundress and heels, no matter where the eats are, but dont fawn too much over Thor and how hunky he is if you see avengers, *swoon*
  • callmejessica
    Options
    and i live in cali also - nothing really exists but flip flop - at least in my town. well that or uggs. just bc he is wearing a collared shirt doesn't mean he wont be in jeans also so i wouldn't dress up to tooo much *shrugs*

Haha are you from Santa Barbara????

So I was thinking I have this gold skirt with a cream colored blouse and sandals that I have worn before and looks nice together. Heels are not really that great for this girl!
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I would wear....

1) A nice dress (not fitted; sorta like a sun dress)
    2) Heels (also, make sure they don't make you taller than him, they don't seem to like that :laugh:)
    2) A necklace and/or bracelet
    3) and a little bit of make-up (your so pretty, you don't need to hide :smile:)

Hope I helped and have fun on your date tomorrow :flowerforyou:

Excellent advice here, I completely agree. Also, be sure your shoes are comfortable. Limping or tripping around stinks.