HCG diet question?

Options
I am on R2P2 of the hcg drops, I am now on my second week of the diet and was wondering if tofu is allowed in P2 of the diet.
I'm currently googling it too do if I find it and somebody else was wondering the same thing I'll make sure to post it :).

Replies

• AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think the HCG diet is a really bad idea. I know people that have taken it, and the only reason they lost any weight at all was because of the incredibly restrictive diet. One person I know who took it is in the military and actually blacked out during a PT test because their body was so deprived. There are a lot of good, healthy ways to lose weight, and this HCG craze is actually very dangerous.
  • el8942
    el8942 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Please reconsider your diet choice! The HCG diet is a fad diet. It only "works" because it is a very low calorie diet. Eating so few calories a day is not healthy and is not a good way to lose weight and keep it off (I know from experience :( I regained quite a bit of weight as soon as I went off a low-calorie diet. Now I know shortcuts don't work, and I'm trying to do this the healthy way).

You should not have foods that are "allowed" and "not allowed"! Everything in moderation. Losing weight shouldn't feel like a punishment, it should feel like a lifestyle change.

Good luck.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    There is a dedicated HCG group on MFP, you are probably better to post there. You wont get a lot of love & support from most folks here on this topic.

BTW, don't do HCG, it's a WOFTM :bigsmile:
  • theecookimonstr
    theecookimonstr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My mom did the hcg diet and she lost about 40-50 pounds on her first round, I lost 15 just because I didn't have THAT much to loose. I do not consider the HCG diet a fad of a scam, I've seen it work, it's a change of lifestyle. And it clearly states everywhere that you should not work out while on the diet. Obviously if you're only eating 500 calories a day the smartest thing is to not go and train or work out.
  • theecookimonstr
    theecookimonstr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Whereeeeee direct me now!! Haha I want love NOT lectures.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    ...Obviously if you're only eating 500 calories a day the smartest thing is to not go and train or work out.

I won't give you a lecture, but THE smartest thing to do is actually give your body the fuel it needs to survive... if you would like to discuss the scientific merit of the HCG plan in an open and non-judgemental way I'm always available (as are many other helpful folks here)! But I'm getting off topic, you asked for a link.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the link for the HCG support group, it may have been removed due to its promotion of unsafe diet practices which is against the site rules (though I don't know, that is purely my speculation). The only group I found was this one:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4059-hcg-diet-experiences

Cheers,

Ray
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yeesh, good luck with that.
    The HCG drops have been pulled and are NOT FDA approved, the shot, however, I do not know. I think that being on an incredibly restrictive diet is going to make you lose weight, (fat, muscle) and you will look sickly.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.
This discussion has been closed.