People, give me your opinions!!

Options
Hi out there,
I've been on MFP for a few weeks now and want to start out alright! I only have a tiny bit of weight to loose, generally want to lower my bodyfat as part of my fitness goal, so we're talking about a few pounds or so.
During the last half year, I did intense running (5 to 6 days a week and more than 60 mins a day) and lost those pounds, but I think I was undereating on a daily basis (not eating exercise calories back). So, beginning of this year and after Christmas I gained it back. Now I really want to go about this in a healthy way with a healthy amount of exercise, the right exercise and also the right and healthy amount of food. I am just not sure whether I'm on the right track! First week on MFP I lost 2 pounds, but now I gained 3! Is it because my body adjusts to the higher daily calories? Should I just go on like that and be patient?
What do you guys think? Would you recommend that I eat back ALL my excersise calories (as I do so far) or rather not?
I do not want a quick loss or success, I'd prefer a very slow but permanent loss!
PLEASE look at my diary and tell me what you think/suggest!!
Thanks guys!!!!

Replies

• charliedavisxxx
    charliedavisxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump :(
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    Hey Desmona,

just checked your Diary. Looks ok but you should reduce the carbs and sugar and use more protein instead. Protein is what makes your muscles grow....more muscles = lower fat/muscle index (by keeping or reducing the bodyfat).
    So I would try to switch a bit.....and Rum and Gin? There are the Carbs you can reduce ;)
  • Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ahahaha... yep there you spotted it... tonight's the girls night out and I was planning ahead... the rum and gin have still the least calories....
    But anyway I'm serious.. I'm not drinking any alcohol most of the time and have my protein really high up!!! You think I should cut out ALL carbs that do not come from veggies then?
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Are you still running 5-6 times a week for 60 minutes? If you are that is overkill. I am a believer that overexercising leads to yo-yo weight. Have you given some thought to strength training? Especially if you are close to your goal that can really help you firm up and be able to eat more.
  • DerDude
    Options
    Sure not :)

It´s just to become a balance and if you try to grow up your muscles a bit, you have to give them some food (Protein).
    Your diary looks ok and healthy all about. It´s just a little tuning on the control unit.
    You need the Carbs as fuel for the machine but now you wanna have a little bigger machine ;)
  • Desmonema
    Options
    Hi there,
    no, I am not running that much anymore! Was just too much! I know that now. I do run about 3 times a week from 30 to 60 mins, and I do the bodyrock 30-day-challenge at the moment (strength training plus HITT) every morning. I'll try to still up the protein a bit more now and really cut back on carbs for a while.
    Biggest question for me still is: Eat the exercise calories back or not??
  • DerDude
    Options
    First: Love Bodyrock but now I am one of Zuskas Warriors because I like her more than this anorexic babe now....hihihihi, sry ;)

You should eat them back but reduce the calories of your bmr food a bit. No matter, might be the same :)
    If you eat less than you burn, you will run out of fuel at the end of your week or maybe at the end of your exercise and you should do it with all the power you have.
    It´s a little an edge because you need something to grow but not too much to grow the wrong way. But you wouldnt grow any how, if you´re to weak to lift you butt out the bed :)
  • Desmonema
    Options
    Right, so I conclude that I am on the right track and just need to stay focused concerning the carbs! (even though I love zuzka's baking recipes soooo much... probably to much carbs then for now).
    BTW: I like Zuzana as well, but the 30 day program seemed so appealing at the moment... might switch to Zuzka after.. let's see. I'll reduce my BMR to 1200 and just stick with eating back my exercise cals.... and then I'll stay strong for a while to see whether there's some change whatsoever!! Follow me on the journey... I am pretty sure I'll have more questions or a BIG need for support at some point!!
  • DerDude
    Options
    Great!
    I will follow you and have a look. Just send you an add invite, so if you want, stay free...
    It´s very interesting how someone deals with something which doesn´t work for someone else.
    It´s cool, how focused you are!