Seeking Motivational Friends

Options
Hi, i was here and i left and came back.....all my motivational friends have gone off the band wagon!
I have more motivation in me now then i have before however, i am guilty, i cant stick to a program to save myself!
I have purchased 30 day shred....did 3 days....4 times lol. i got sore and it got boring.
Brought turbo fire....did day 1 5 times, i love that disk lol however im uncoordinated and i need to know what to do, so i kind of didnt do it anymore when i contemplated moving to the next cd.
I brought the slim express.....1 day......that dvd is as dull and boring as paint drying, however promises made me buy it lol 30 days....no deal lol
I have also done michelle bridges crunch time book, i did the exercises for 3-4 weeks! go me lol that made me go to the gym and i missed days but i made them up, i toned, didnt lose and i stopped.....
I am having issues with sticking to things as you can see, i have purchased P90X and yes 90 days i am insane!
I am looking for people doing/have done/will do p90x so that i can be motivated/kicked in the rear/insulted so that i actually do it. Every time i watch the previews to things i go into the must have mode, and however i am motivated, once i get sore and bored there isnt any continuation for me!
My own real friends dont feel like real friends because they literally dont supprt, motivate or talk to em about anything!
Im literally looking for real people, liking and doing things that increase and better themselves so that i can be inspired and build my motivation.......fitting in to a dress....doesnt cut it, getting to a kg size.....it isnt helping....i need social help!
I am 5 foot 6inch, i weigh 78kg/171lb, i want to get to 65kg/143lb. I have been over weight since i was 14, i am now 24, i turn 25 in september and want to get close to being a size 12. I am a size 14-16 atm and gah. I have needs!
ps.....i am the worst eater, i have taste buds that dont like textures and that means fruit.veg.salad.most meat.yeah i did say worst eater. I have cut half the crap out of my diet, and it doesnt leave much! I know i am not going to lose with that habbit, but i try and i dont like so, what can i do? yes i have tried it again and again. I was a max of 95kg/209lb, i cut half the crap out and i started walking an hour 4 times a week and i lost 21 kg/46lb. Never say never i am determined that this is my year! Whos is with me? anyone? please!

Replies

• 4rgl
    4rgl Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi, feel free at add me :)

I'm 5'1 130lbs looking to lose about 10-15lbs and tone up.

I'm also 24 and turn 25 on September 14th :)

Like you, I tried 30 day shred last year but it's boring, plus you shouldn't be doing weight training everyday, at least not working the same muscles, so I gave up.

I started running and stuck to it pretty good. I couldn't run at all, but I worked up to running about 5-6 miles 3-5 times a week pretty regularly. I run outdoors so in the winter I started P90X. I did 2 weeks but then I found Insanity. I tried to combine and do a hybrid of both but it turned out to be too much so I decided to do just Insanity to lose the fat first and then P90X to build muscle/tone up.

However my plan didn't really workout because I had a really bad flu season. I bartend at an airport restaurant so people bring me germs from all over the country lol :) So I got the flu at least 4 times since November up until March, so the Insanity plan went down the drain.

Now that it's almost summer again, I took up running again and have been pretty consistent about it. My plan is to keep up with the running until September and then do P90x when it gets too cold to run outdoors.

I don't know when you are planning to do P90X but I can support your goals and try to motivate you and share recipes etc..
    I'm a pescatarian, moving on to become a vegetarian. I only eat seafood once in a while so I' mostly a vegetarian. You mentioned you don't like the texture of meat so most of my recipes have no meat in them. If you don't like the texture of fruit and vegs, I have great smoothie recipes. Have you tried juicing? And no you don't have to eat salad if you don't like it. Name what you like and I probably have a recipe for you. Even if it is unhealthy, I probably have a healthy version of it. Did I mention I like cooking? :)
  • alp1990
    alp1990 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hey, i'm 21 i'm about 5ft5 and I weigh 180lbs. I've been doing this a week now and i've lost quite a lot so i'm completely motivated and stick to it every day. Feel free to add me as i'm online most of the time to help :)
  • Tanny3
    Tanny3 Posts: 26
    Options
    feel free to add me! I'm on a mission before my wedding next year xx
  • dawsenahalsey
    Options
    you can add me too i just started so i only got a like 5 friends on here i could use the motivation and dont mind giving it either :)
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am 26, nearly 27... Lost 4 and a half sone a few years ago, gave up smoking and had bad break up... now I need to re lose the 3 stone I gained. I knw how hard it can be, and I know how much inspiration and motivation can help. Feel free to add me :-)
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    thankyou!