stretch Marks

2»

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    see, my 'stretch marks' are not something that will ever go away, maybe i will take a picture of them sometime for you guys. i was really really thin as a teenager and i had them since then. i can't even see them lightening, they are almost like the lines on my wrist that seperate my arm from my hand. hrm.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    see, my 'stretch marks' are not something that will ever go away, maybe i will take a picture of them sometime for you guys. i was really really thin as a teenager and i had them since then. i can't even see them lightening, they are almost like the lines on my wrist that seperate my arm from my hand. hrm.

They never will...they will fade over time and with oils/butters/creams...but never go away. They are very much a tattoo. They occur in the same layers of skin that a tattoo is put into...so therefor they never truly go away.
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Great! Thanks for sharing - I find moisturizing and tanning makes them look better!

I only have them on the lower left side of my belly - none on the right - as my son always seemed to be on that one side when I was pregnant. I embrace them as the memory of my pregnancy, and I can still remember running my hand over my belly, and feeling him all curled up on that one side.

:flowerforyou:
    well from your belly picture u look as if u have none! and I hope my tummy can look like urs some day..do u mind if i asked how high u got up to with ur pregnancy and if u had that baby pouch at one time?...i guess thats how u would describe it lol

I will PM you with all the gory details of the belly transformation from pregnancy!!!!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Great! Thanks for sharing - I find moisturizing and tanning makes them look better!

I only have them on the lower left side of my belly - none on the right - as my son always seemed to be on that one side when I was pregnant. I embrace them as the memory of my pregnancy, and I can still remember running my hand over my belly, and feeling him all curled up on that one side.

well from your belly picture u look as if u have none! and I hope my tummy can look like urs some day..do u mind if i asked how high u got up to with ur pregnancy and if u had that baby pouch at one time?...i guess thats how u would describe it lol

I will PM you with all the gory details of the belly transformation from pregnancy!!!!

please do :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member

Yes please...it's been almost 6 years and I'm still not back to seeing my abs. I know they're there...just under a nice 1 inch think layer of flub/skin.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    I have horrendous stretch marks from my first child. He was a very long baby and he never did drop....he just hung out up really high right under my ribs. My stretch marks actually bled they got so bad. I'm sure it was also the result of being overweight (about 180) when I got pregnant.

Not much I can do about them now! Now that I've lost the weight, I have been getting some sun on my belly, which seems to make them look a little less noticeable and lately I've been using cocoa butter, but I don't think it does anything except make my stomach smell good, lol. I'm trying to focus on other areas of my body that I DO feel proud of.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    [

[/quote]

:smile: Oh please , share your secrets with us all. You have the most fantastic looking stomach. I really wish you could tell us all. I am 3yrs into my tummy and I hate it. I am trying everything , except starvation, to make this thing go away. Help if you can!!!!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    [

:smile: Oh please , share your secrets with us all. You have the most fantastic looking stomach. I really wish you could tell us all. I am 3yrs into my tummy and I hate it. I am trying everything , except starvation, to make this thing go away. Help if you can!!!!!
    [/quote]

i second that!!
  • 135gratitude
    [

i second that!!
    [/quote]

Thanks ladies.
    :blushing:

My stomach took a beating with my pregnancies - about 10 pounds ago I still had cellullite on it! I do crunches like crazy, and I know everyone says that crunches dont matter if you have fat around your middle, but, for me, I feel a huge difference if I am doing lots of crunches.

I gained 60+ lbs with each pregnancy, and am yet to lose the last 20 lbs. I don't know what else to say about my stomach - just lots of crunches, and losing the weight. I should also note that BEFORE my pregnancy, I had a very small waist and a bigger bottom half! Before having kids my waist was 26" with a hip of almost 40". I think it is genetic - just like the cellulite that covers my backside!!

What else do you want to know?
    :smile:
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    SINCE YOU ALL ARE ON THE TOPIC OF STRETCH MARKS WHICH I GUESS I AM DOOMED WITH FOREVER. WHAT ABOUT CELLULITE? I NOTICED IT AFTER I LOST ABOUT 40 LBS AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY LAST CHILD. ABOUT A MONTH AFTER GIVING BIRHT I WEIGHED IN AT 175, IT TOOK ME ALMOST TWO YEARS BUT I GOT DOWN TO 135 AND MANAGED TO KEEP IT OFF GIVE OR TAKE 5 LBS FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS. BUT AFTER THE WEIGHT LOSE I NOTICED CELLULITE ON MY UPPER THIGHS. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?:sad: :sad:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Stretch marks, Uggh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am olive/dark skin so now that they have lighten up they are pretty noticeable, at least for me. My husband says that is nothing, that no one looks at that...:noway: yeah right. But I still wear my bikinis, especially if I am at the beach. If I am at a swimming pool, which is more crowded and people are closer together, I like to wear a tankini or one piece.

But let me tell you, if you have very fresh stretch marks, the dark ones, if you attack them with oils as soon as they come out they might dissapear, depending on your skin. My daughter got stretch marks at the end of her pregnancy. Literally the last week of her pregnancy and she attacked them right away with bio oil and they went away!!!! You can buy it at Walgreens or almost any pharmacy, I think Wal Mart carries it.

As far as cellulite, losing weight, doing cardio, and doing lower body strength trng helps minimize it and even get rid of it.

Hope this helps!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    SINCE YOU ALL ARE ON THE TOPIC OF STRETCH MARKS WHICH I GUESS I AM DOOMED WITH FOREVER. WHAT ABOUT CELLULITE? I NOTICED IT AFTER I LOST ABOUT 40 LBS AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY LAST CHILD. ABOUT A MONTH AFTER GIVING BIRHT I WEIGHED IN AT 175, IT TOOK ME ALMOST TWO YEARS BUT I GOT DOWN TO 135 AND MANAGED TO KEEP IT OFF GIVE OR TAKE 5 LBS FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS. BUT AFTER THE WEIGHT LOSE I NOTICED CELLULITE ON MY UPPER THIGHS. HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?:sad: :sad:

Decrease your fat percentage- so hit the weights
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    [

i second that!!

Thanks ladies.

My stomach took a beating with my pregnancies - about 10 pounds ago I still had cellullite on it! I do crunches like crazy, and I know everyone says that crunches dont matter if you have fat around your middle, but, for me, I feel a huge difference if I am doing lots of crunches.

I gained 60+ lbs with each pregnancy, and am yet to lose the last 20 lbs. I don't know what else to say about my stomach - just lots of crunches, and losing the weight. I should also note that BEFORE my pregnancy, I had a very small waist and a bigger bottom half! Before having kids my waist was 26" with a hip of almost 40". I think it is genetic - just like the cellulite that covers my backside!!

[/quote]
    you amaze me!....to have a stomach like that after having a child :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: and imma just do tons of crunches and see if i can see any results by november...because thats when i had my son and reports say u should give it atleast 1 full yr before u expect to see big results....:) thank u for the info and im going to see how things go....YOU LOOK GREAT!
  • 135gratitude
    [

i second that!!

Thanks ladies.

you amaze me!....to have a stomach like that after having a child :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: and imma just do tons of crunches and see if i can see any results by november...because thats when i had my son and reports say u should give it atleast 1 full yr before u expect to see big results....:) thank u for the info and im going to see how things go....YOU LOOK GREAT!
    [/quote]

Your baby isn't even a YEAR yet!!! Girl, give yourself time! Oh my God - I didn't even start losing seriously until my baby was almost 2 years! Oh yes, your body needs time. Go easy on yourself, and your stomach will be GREAT!
This discussion has been closed.