question about calorie burn

Options
I have noticed this last week while doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution that my calorie burn has not been as high as the first week. For those of you that don't know about the program, you do 3 dvd's for 2 weeks and then progress to the next set of dvd's for 2 weeks. I'm on workouts 7, 8 and cardio 2 and I noticed the first week of doing these, my calorie burn was close to 300. Now this week, i'm barely breaking 260. I feel like i'm pushing the UP button (as Jillian calls it) and even using heavier weights. I will add that i'm still losing weight even though my burn hasn't been as high. Any ideas or thoughts?

Replies

• Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    if u r losing weight than it is normal for your burn to go down as when u where heavier it was more work on your body. Also make sure to wear your HRM about 30minutes after the workout is done as your heart rate will still be up and burning calories.
  • dawnblu
    dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yeah I agree - I don't burn as much doing water aerobics as I used to because I've lost weight. I burned more when I was heavier... now there is less of me working against the water so I don't burn as much. Just have to work harder... :)
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    if u r losing weight than it is normal for your burn to go down as when u where heavier it was more work on your body. Also make sure to wear your HRM about 30minutes after the workout is done as your heart rate will still be up and burning calories.

Thanks! That makes sense. Should I wear my HRM even if my heart rate has returned to normal after my cooldown?
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Thanks! That makes sense. Should I wear my HRM even if my heart rate has returned to normal after my cooldown?

I take mine off about 20 minutes after I am done but my rate is still about 95-105 but I have to then jump in the shower and get the kids up. In those extra 20 or so minutes I usually get 100 more calories :)
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options

I take mine off about 20 minutes after I am done but my rate is still about 95-105 but I have to then jump in the shower and get the kids up. In those extra 20 or so minutes I usually get 100 more calories :)

I'll try that. Thanks so much!!