Need a meal for tailgating...

Options
rabbit45
rabbit45 Posts: 36
My family is going to a baseball game today and I'm supposed to bring a meal for everyone. Since we're tailgating, it has to be something easy I can make ahead and stick in a cooler. We'll have a grill along so I was thinking chicken breasts and a fruit salad, but I need one more idea. My dad scoffs at green salads or low-calorie so it has to be something - like a pasta salad or potato salad - that doesn't taste low-cal or low-fat. I also need a dessert but I might just go all-out on that one and skip it myself. Any recipes for me? Thanks!

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Cook up some thin whole wheat spaghetti and add 1 bottle of fat free italian dressing- add in cherry tomatoes,green pepper and onion and enough salad supreme seasoning to your liking. Chill- delish.. Have fun- Cindy :heart:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My family is going to a baseball game today and I'm supposed to bring a meal for everyone. Since we're tailgating, it has to be something easy I can make ahead and stick in a cooler. We'll have a grill along so I was thinking chicken breasts and a fruit salad, but I need one more idea. My dad scoffs at green salads or low-calorie so it has to be something - like a pasta salad or potato salad - that doesn't taste low-cal or low-fat. I also need a dessert but I might just go all-out on that one and skip it myself. Any recipes for me? Thanks!
    Make a salad for yourself, and buy some sothern style potato salad or redskin potato salad. If you get them something yummy for dessert, don't leave yourself out. Do they like angel food cake? Thats low in calories and easy to eat with your hands.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I made this for Fourth of July and it was really good.

A healthy version of Cole Slaw. It didn't taste any different.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1514

www.hungry-girl.com has other recipes too.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i would do one of the many many low cal brownie recipes for the desert cause theyll last all day
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Throw some sweet potato on the BBQ.

You could make kebobs with the chicken and that way you can add pepper, mushrooms, onions.

Whole wheat pasta with Pesto. Can throw in some veggies as well.

Have fun!