I was bad....

leighoconnell
leighoconnell Posts: 217
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I had my father over last night for dinner and I helped myself to two slice of fresh baked French bread. (Im a sucker for fresh bread.) Well I just realized I went over my calorie limit by 300 calories. Will this impact my weightloss for the week greatly?

I reached a platuea so this weekend I had a maintence day to get me going again but other than that and my french bread mishap I have stuck to my 1300 calories and been very good. We are having a biggest loser contest at my work and weigh in is on Friday....I'm nervous that the bread and my maintence day may have made me gain...

Replies

• I had my father over last night for dinner and I helped myself to two slice of fresh baked French bread. (Im a sucker for fresh bread.) Well I just realized I went over my calorie limit by 300 calories. Will this impact my weightloss for the week greatly?

I reached a platuea so this weekend I had a maintence day to get me going again but other than that and my french bread mishap I have stuck to my 1300 calories and been very good. We are having a biggest loser contest at my work and weigh in is on Friday....I'm nervous that the bread and my maintence day may have made me gain...

Don't let it get you down--I went over on yesterday also, by about the same number of calories even. Just toss in an extra walk for the week to burn of those calories--I can spend 30 minutes mowing the yard and burn them off as well! :) You will note on the site when you add in exercise it gives you the additional calories you will need to consume to compensate for the extra calories burned. I like the way it does that and makes it super easy!
    Good luck to us both on those extra few calories!
    Zephyr
  • If you're that concerned about it...hop on the treadmill. Otherwise stated, work it off in extra cardio. And remember you're in this for the long haul, one week will not make or break you in the long run.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    When you're trying to break a plateau, it's good to go over your calories a little once in a while. So, no worries. :)
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Just eat a bit under for the next few days to try and balance it out over the week, or as previously suggested, exercise it off. But I wouldn't worry about it the one time thing. And if you're at a plateau, it might be a good thing.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    300 calories in the long term is nothing. It will account for less than 1/10th of a pound.

Since you already ate it, forget about it and move on. 2 pieces of bread will not hurt your long term plan of being healthy.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Just remember, you're learning as you go. That doesn't make you "bad" ! Nobody is perfect! Keep focused on your goals for weight loss and reward yourself in healthy ways. If you make a mistake, remember that you're human and move on!
This discussion has been closed.