getting past the loss of my father. i need of support!

Options
hi everyone! i havent been on here in, well it feels like forever. mmy father
passed away 3 months ago, and i just shut
down. I turned 19 on the 8th, and im ready to
get out of this funk! i would love support and
motivation to help me take back my life! <3

Replies

• Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss. My bf's mom passed away 3 months ago as well and I'm trying to deal with it too. :( I would love to help support you in your weight loss journey. You can do it! (friend request sent)
  • FitLeii
    FitLeii Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi , I am so sorry for your loss my Father passed away about 6 yrs ago so I understand what you are going through. It does get better eventually, just continue to sort through your feelings and take it one day at a time. You'll get through it for sure and I'll keep you in my prayers

God Bless
    Leii
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Let us know how we can help. Many of us have walked this path as well.
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    thank u both so much. its very hard, but i cant stay in this state anymore, and i think the best way is to get back on track with my life and be happy with myself again. i rly apreciate the support :)!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 1.5 years ago and it left me in a funk. Dad and I were not close as he hadn't been in my life until the very later part of it. Lots of emotions were felt.

After about 3 months of not feelign any better, I got a puppy and she immediately became my happy pill. I'm not advocating you get yourself a puppy.....just that you find something that always makes you smile and try to incorporate that into your daily life.

It will get easier. We're here for you. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    at the begining i wasnt very close with my father either, but the past 5 yrs i became one of the closest ppl to him. after his passing i held so much regret about not calling him or seeing him enough, but i was nieve and only 18. i had to grow up faster than i ever thought these past 3 months. im rdy to let go of this regret and pain, and trade it in for a happier life. thx for ur advice everyone. means so much to me :)