Newbie - Healthy Overhaul - 1 Kilo Gain Advice :(

Options
Hi,

This is my very first post here! I also would like to point out the fact that I am new to this healthy lifestyle change I finally started to live, and that I am researching and learning as much about it as possible.

I started all of this about 5 weeks ago, this being exercise, diet (nutrition), and my cold turkey quit smoking... I have to say it has been a very long month, full of really down and up days. I also started the Insanity workout and I'm about to reach the recovery week! Please feel free to check my food diary, and exercise diary for logs of all this. I use a HRM to log calories burned.

Every week has been a major push in terms of exercise, and the counting/weighing of every food item has taken a lot of time but the results have been great... I have lost continuously every week for about 4 weeks but this week I gained over 1 kilo!? I have so far gone from 103 Kilos to around 95 Kilos only for this weeks scales to show 97 Kilos! I only weigh myself once a week on Friday mornings. I was hoping to keep seeing a loss even if it was just small....

I eat almost totally clean - If I cant understand whats in something, or I cannot weigh it, I try not to eat it. I eat the calories MFP tell me to, and I try and eat back a lot of my exercise calories, especially lately. I also started taking Optimum 100% Whey Protein 7 days ago to help me get the proteins I needed.

I also reset MFP as of last week from the default 30 Protein/40 Carb/30 Fat to be 40% Protein, 30% Carbs and 30% Fat

I don't log my water on MFP but I do drink from 1.5 to 3 liters of water per day without fail. I don't drink anything else or it is recorded in my food diary (Coffee and Herbal Tea). On weekends I may have a couple of beers or a couple of Vodka's with Sparkling Water.

I guess I'm just worried I'm doing something wrong especially with this all being so new. I am looking a bit slimmer already and my clothes seam to be fitting better as well. My breathing improves on a daily basis from the quitting smoking.

Anyways thought I'd finally write something in the forums after plucking up a bit of courage and ask every ones advice - Should my weight be bouncing around like this?

I also want to thank everyone before hand, especially after reading daily in these forums for what seems to be the best advice, help and motivation I have come across in a very long time.

P

Replies

• eyebrowpaul
    eyebrowpaul Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You diary isn't public!

Please remember weight loss isn't linear, there will be some weeks you don't lose. If you are doing a tough workout like Insanity you might have gained a pound or so of muscle in a month (which is hard to do, but being a man it is possible). Your body might also be retaining water for whatever reason.

Try not to let yourself get down for one "bad" weigh-in.

Congrats on quitting smoking!
  • eyebrowpaul
    eyebrowpaul Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Gwoman2012 - I made the changes and didn't realize my diary wasn't public... I think I turned it on to public now so it should be showing.

I will keep monitoring things and hopefully by next week I have another drop...

P