Protein Shake Farts Versus Women's Perfume

Options
kelif5959
kelif5959 Posts: 202
Okay, let's get this out of the way. If you are one of those members that likes to argue over everything or throw negative *kitten* out there - hit the back button NOW! This is supposed to be FUN! PLUS, I'm not asking for advice, so don't give me the whole "well you asked for it" BS! :flowerforyou:

Ahem.....now that that has been cleared up..........I've seen many topics on here about women wearing perfume and how "the majority" of people HATE THAT! I, for one, don't mind it too much as long as it's a "clean" scent and not over powering (but opinions on scent and scent strength obviously vary)! :tongue:

So, to the point, there is a guy in my gym that always reeks of protein shake farts (at least that's what I think it smells like) or its just radiating from his sweat (either way, IT BE STINKY). So, I thought to myself (while I was in the corner ripping my sweating socks off and sticky them under my nose - YES, that smelled better than the funkiness in the air), if you HAD to choose between smelling stinky farts while your working out OR women's overpowering perfume...........WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE!

Play nicely, you have to choose ONE! I mean, obviously we all would just choose NO SMELL or a light air freshening frangrance! HAPPY FRIDAY! :bigsmile:

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Perfumes and colognes should never be worn in excess; only wear enough to be smelled in an intimate situation, whether you are leaning in for a kiss or leaning in eavesdrop on what she's reading on the Metro.
    -wtk
  • kelif5959
    Options
    I agree that none of it should be worn in excess! Nothing smells good when you can taste it! :noway:
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like perfume. I'm more a body spray kinda gal.

I get stuck in the elevator about once a week with some dude that has literally bathed in his cologne or aftershave. The first couple of times I just held my breath and prayed I'd get to my floor before I passed out but now if he gets on the elevator I get off at the next floor and wait on another lift.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    scent choices in order of preference:

1. good-smellling perfume

2. farts

3. rotting garbage

4. the perfume most women wear
  • kelif5959
    Options
    I get stuck in the elevator about once a week with some dude that has literally bathed in his cologne or aftershave. The first couple of times I just held my breath and prayed I'd get to my floor before I passed out but now if he gets on the elevator I get off at the next floor and wait on another lift.
    [/quote]

Oh lord, elevator torture is the worst! Especially those that smoke (obviously with their windows UP) and then try to cover it with some gawd awful perfume. I'd personally take the smoke smell over the combination! LOL
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Id rather over powering perfume. Few weeks back I had to switch machines to get away from dome awful bo. All the way down the aisle I could still smell it. Hard to breath well and smell that!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

Oh lord, elevator torture is the worst! Especially those that smoke (obviously with their windows UP) and then try to cover it with some gawd awful perfume. I'd personally take the smoke smell over the combination! LOL

yeah, the smoke + cologne smell is aweful. i should add that to my list, right below rotting garbage.

however, i must admit a fondness for the weed + incence + Axe body spray combination some of the art students at college were pulling off. i don't smoke weed, but something about that skunk stench plus the cheap body spray and incence ends up being actually pleasent. i'd prefer the stuffy drawing studio days when they were in there being quiet and stoned, to the days i was in with a bunch of made-up yammering sorostitutes bathed in Britney Spears or Au De *kitten* or Paris Hilton number 69 or whatever it is the college girls are wearing these days....
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Id rather over powering perfume. Few weeks back I had to switch machines to get away from dome awful bo. All the way down the aisle I could still smell it. Hard to breath well and smell that!

Body odor is another yuckity yuck! Can they honestly not smell themselves? I'd personally take protein shake farts over body odor!!! EWWW!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Idunno.

My farts smell great. I can't figure out everyone else's problem.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think the title to this topic gets an A+ for making me laugh today! .. thank you
  • kelif5959
    Options

yeah, the smoke + cologne smell is aweful. i should add that to my list, right below rotting garbage.

however, i must admit a fondness for the weed + incence + Axe body spray combination some of the art students at college were pulling off. i don't smoke weed, but something about that skunk stench plus the cheap body spray and incence ends up being actually pleasent. i'd prefer the stuffy drawing studio days when they were in there being quiet and stoned, to the days i was in with a bunch of made-up yammering sorostitutes bathed in Britney Spears or Au De *kitten* or Paris Hilton number 69 or whatever it is the college girls are wearing these days....

LOL.......I've haven't had the privilege of smelling said "weed + incence+ Axe body spray" combo!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    And this is why I don't go to a gym. Do I have to choose between an allergy attack and farts?! That's like asking me to choose between marmite and......marmite.

I actually can't choose. They're both horrible. Also, hilarious topic. :laugh: Thanks, I needed that.
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Idunno.

My farts smell great. I can't figure out everyone else's problem.

Pineapple farts are okay my friend! It's the "protein shake" ones that make my nostrils pucker! You're good!! :bigsmile:
  • JCDF
    JCDF Posts: 25
    Options
    If I had to smell either one, I'd leave and come back later. But, if I was going to be there to smell it enough to leave, I'd rather smell the fart. Perfumes often give me headaches. Farts are just repelling, but never give me a headache.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    sweaty and fresh is sexy

Smelly and dirty is not

It's a fine line
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    Well, if you want to get technical, whenever you smell something, small particles of whatever you're smelling enter your nasal cavity... Pretty sure I'd rather have someone's perfume in my nose than their poop particles, no matter how overpowering the perfume is.
  • kelif5959
    Options
    If I had to smell either one, I'd leave and come back later. But, if I was going to be there to smell it enough to leave, I'd rather smell the fart. Perfumes often give me headaches. Farts are just repelling, but never give me a headache.

Good point about perfumes causing headaches......I mean a nappy fart usually just causes hilarious facial expressions that you try to hide........however, I also tend to hold my breathe which is very counter productive to working out - in fact it's downright dangerous!! :wink:
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    I don't know!! this is so hard I don't like either one!!! have to say maybe the protein farts they go away!!!
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a girl that always smelled like a combination of Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers, smoke, and cat pee. I don't know how she managed that EVERY DAY but it was disgusting. Worst part. She didn't even own a cat.
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Well, if you want to get technical, whenever you smell something, small particles of whatever you're smelling enter your nasal cavity... Pretty sure I'd rather have someone's perfume in my nose than their poop particles, no matter how overpowering the perfume is.

I'm not sure I'm happy to learn this here information........think I just puked my mouth a little. *shoving tissues up my nostrils trying to clean them out*! SNORT!!