Mind games

Options
novalh42
novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
I feel like something has 'clicked' in my head this time around. I am kind of afraid to let that out because I have failed so many times before. This is the first time that I am working on my eating and activity at the same time. I am walking and taking a class that is fun and I love it. I almost feel like I am not exercising because I am having so much fun. I am sweating and tired after so I must be doing some good. Does anyone else feel this way and how do you deal with it? I am taking one day at a time and doing my best.

Replies

• MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    That is great! I don't see what you need to "deal" with?? Just keep it up! :wink:
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great Job finding an exercise that is fun for you to do! Exercise doesn't have to be calisthenics or boring or counting. Its more about MOVING! :) I love to ride my bike and feel really Free when I'm on it. Soooo...Keep on Moving, Smiling and Losing!! Best of Luck!
    Carri1
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have never once enjoyed exercise in my life but now I look forward to having my "me time" at the gym. I really love zumba days - that class is something so not typical for me but I enjoy it so much and it's become my favorite part of the week! Good luck on your journey! :happy:
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I feel the exact same as you. I have tried to diet lots of times and they work to some extent for a while but then I lose focus and pile the weight back on again.

This is the first time I have incorporated exercise and healthy eating. Nothing is out of bounds just watching my portion size and measuring everything. I've been doing this since 10th Jan 2012 and have lost 41 pounds and feel amazing.

like you, something just clicked this time and so far so good.

Good luck ;)
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I've reduced my calroies on several occasions, but this time its that and exercise. I enjoy working out now. I think a large part of my motivation is the community on MFP.