Introduction - Starting 1200 cal per day - I NEED HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I would die on a 1200 calorie limit! I exercise more to get more food allowance because I love food!!! Are you able to go for walks or do any sort of exercise? It is really hard to stick with a 1200 calorie diet, and with your history of giving up, (forgive me for sounding judgmental) I fear it will be too much to withstand. Just a thought, and I would be glad to support your weight loss journey.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 years old, 5ft 3 and started out with a goal to lose 50-60lbs. My Dr. Is monitoring me while I try to stick with 1200 cals per day. I do go over on my cals but only if I have exercise calories to spare. I NEVER eat all of them. If I did, my stomach would explode. For me, it's easy to do 1200 because I fill up on veggies, grains, fruits and lean protein. It can be done. If I ate 1200 cals that included a pop tart for breakfast, a small frozen dinner for lunch and a lean dinner, I'd starve. I'm eating sooo much better and eating a LOT more food. You have to eat lower calorie foods to feel full. In my experience anyway! And trust me, you'll get ALL kinds of opinions on here. Experiment and do what works best for you.

I started in Jan. at 179lbs and I'm now down to 147, have tons of energy and I have 27 more lbs to go. Add me if you'd like. My food diary is open to friends, if you'd like to see it.

You can do this! Good luck. <hugs>