Interval Training on a Stationary Bike

itali614
itali614 Posts: 53 Member
Hi, I have been trying to figure out how many calories I am burning by doing interval training on a stationary bike. You start out doing 5 minutes slow, 5 minutes faster, 5 minutes intense, and then 5 minutes slower than intense, and then back to slow for 5 minutes. The next week you add a slower and faster to the middle of the chain and then continue back down. Any help would be appreciated

Replies

• mrdarcyy
    mrdarcyy Posts: 7
    The thing with Interval Training that I read about is that it is hard to measure the total amount of calories you burn because you actually end up burning more calories after the workout since Interval Training temporarily boosts your metabolism. It's difficult to track it. =/
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    My best suggestion would be to get a heart rate monitor and wear it during your workout - as long as it's set up properly (age, weight etc) it should give a pretty reasonable approximation of your energy expenditure.
  • itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    Ok. Well, I cant afford anything extra so, should I just go to the excersizes and add one of the stationary biking calories?