Advices ?

Options
Hi everyone!
I started my diet yesterday, so i really need good advices. Can you please help me ?

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    What would you like to know?
  • Noodle234
    Noodle234 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Advices about what kind of food should i eat, and how to be patient ect ...
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Foods you should eat: Whole foods!
    Means: veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean meats, good fats (nuts, nut butters, avocado, oils), eggs, low fat dairy... and lots of water!!!

Occational treats are allowed! (I have a small piece of chocolate or a little serving of ice cream almost daily within my calorie limits)

How to be patient? Answer: Remind yourself that you did not put on the weight in two weeks so it will not come off in two weeks. Slow and steady wins the race!

Feel free to add me for support :happy:
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been on MFP for one month. My goal is 1 lb a week and I am down 6 lbs, so doing good. I have 63 pounds I want to lose, and I am taking this slow and methodically, as this is my new lifestyle, not a diet -- here is my plan -- we are all different, but want the same result, so tailor to fit your needs!

1) What is your goal? Loose weigth, tone up? All of the above?

2> Recognize your toughest threats? For me, portion control has ALWAYs been my downfall, along with thinking if I eat a vegetable or work out, I get a "food treat" . Also , finding too many other things that come BEFORE exercise.

3> Set your goals to counter your threats and start small -- My goal this first month was to get in control of my eating, I am not "denying" myself anything, but I am eating smarter (more proteins and larger meals earlier in the day, to give me more energy -- hey it works!). I try to choose natural foods, but do eat healthy packaged foods when I am in a time crunch. The logging alone makes me more aware of what I am about to put into my mouth. I am not depriving myself of anythign, just making a consicious effort to eat less of it, and when I do indulge, to try to exercise to make up the difference.

4) When you have one threat under control, move to the next item. I finally feel like my portion control is manageable, so next week, I am going to start "moving" , again starting slow with walking and Pilates, whatever it takes to just get 30 minutes in a day. And so on...

5) the biggest thing is when you feel "lost" or need advice -- there are hundreds of us out there ready to help out, it is awesome!

Good luck!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Foods you should eat: Whole foods!
    Means: veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean meats, good fats (nuts, nut butters, avocado, oils), eggs, low fat dairy... and lots of water!!!

Occational treats are allowed! (I have a small piece of chocolate or a little serving of ice cream almost daily within my calorie limits)

How to be patient? Answer: Remind yourself that you did not put on the weight in two weeks so it will not come off in two weeks. Slow and steady wins the race!

Feel free to add me for support :happy:

^^ THIS :bigsmile: