my 3 yr old eats more than i do

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
so i was curious because it seems he eats more than i do now lol. so i logged in what he ate today and compared it to what i ate.. after lunch he has already eaten 500 more calories than me...:ohwell: something seems wrong about that...lol but all of his calories are healthy calories aside from a little under a serving of fries for lunch hmmm....wtf lol

Replies

• Then eat, woman, eat! lol:laugh: I took a look at a few days of your food diary and either you aren't logging some stuff or you aren't eating enough! Don't let your body go into starvation mode. Maybe if you and your 3 year old ate the same amount of quality healthy calories, he'll grow and you'll shrink! :happy: Good luck!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Try moving as much as your 3 y/o and belive me.... you will be knock out cold by 5 pm LOL
  • hasiangirl
    Then eat, woman, eat! lol:laugh: I took a look at a few days of your food diary and either you aren't logging some stuff or you aren't eating enough! Don't let your body go into starvation mode. Maybe if you and your 3 year old ate the same amount of quality healthy calories, he'll grow and you'll shrink! :happy: Good luck!
    Lol i really should eat more i know ...but by the time im done eating a serving of anything anymore im full... and i have forgotten to list a few snacks here or there but all my snacks are fruits and veggies with no dips :sad: :sad:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    so i was curious because it seems he eats more than i do now lol. so i logged in what he ate today and compared it to what i ate.. after lunch he has already eaten 500 more calories than me...:ohwell: something seems wrong about that...lol but all of his calories are healthy calories aside from a little under a serving of fries for lunch hmmm....wtf lol
    They need more calories than we do since they are still growing. lol When my step daughter's appitite gets to massive heights, I know she's about to have a growth spurt! She's out grown her clothes twice this year! :noway: She ate 3 times the amount of calories I did this weekend!
    Too bad I couldn't grown another 2 or 3 inches. than I wouldn't have as much to lose. :bigsmile:
  • hasiangirl
    They need more calories than we do since they are still growing. lol When my step daughter's appitite gets to massive heights, I know she's about to have a growth spurt! She's out grown her clothes twice this year! :noway: She ate 3 times the amount of calories I did this weekend!
    Too bad I couldn't grown another 2 or 3 inches. than I wouldn't have as much to lose. :bigsmile:
    lol very true...about the growth spurt...but still i wanna eat a butt ton of food and be as skinny as a pole :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ....my poor child is so tiny and cant put on weight to save his life lol
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    I have the same issue. My 3 year old boy eats a lot! seems like he eats every 2 hours! I really need to step up and be a good mom and stop feeding him junk like pancake/sausage on a stick for breakfast and white toast whenever he wants it and popsicles...uhhh....at least he loves lettuce and veggies and bananas so thats a good thing.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    I have the same issue. My 3 year old boy eats a lot! seems like he eats every 2 hours! I really need to step up and be a good mom and stop feeding him junk like pancake/sausage on a stick for breakfast and white toast whenever he wants it and popsicles...uhhh....at least he loves lettuce and veggies and bananas so thats a good thing.

popsicles have like no calories though!...but i know they probably have lots of sugar
  • hasiangirl
    yea i used to do that....but its weird my son wouldnt touch the stuff...but when i changed my habits i changed his diet as well and his eating has increased a lot...he loves grilled chicken the best...i think the worst thing he eats on occasion are hot dogs lol
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Growing kids should need more then we do as long as they live an active lifestyle. I think that food pyramid thing said that my son (4 years old) should eat 1400 calories. At our house we eat a pure clean diet. Everything is from scratch, gluten free, corn free, soy free, dairy free and any kind of nut free due to sever food allergies. My six year old (the one with the most allergies) is just under 40lbs that poor child can't eat enough. My kids are ALWAYS eating and like I say it is ALL fruit, veggies and lean protein.

I say if he is hungry (not just eating because he is bored as my friends daughter does)and he is eating healthy then his body needs the food!
This discussion has been closed.