Body Fat Loss vs. Weight Loss

Options
I am trying to see if there is anyone else out there who is tracking their body fat percentage loss at the same time as tracking the weight they are losing. I have been tracking mine, and it is so discouraging, I am only losing one percent of body fat to every ten pounds lost. How does it work for anyone else out there who is tracking it? Is this the right rate or not?

Replies

• xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been interested in this as well. Bookmark for later.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am trying to see if there is anyone else out there who is tracking their body fat percentage loss at the same time as tracking the weight they are losing. I have been tracking mine, and it is so discouraging, I am only losing one percent of body fat to every ten pounds lost. How does it work for anyone else out there who is tracking it? Is this the right rate or not?

I track both. But I am really concentrating more on body fat. There is a way for you to increase the amount of body fat loss. All you have to do is increase the amount of ST and reduce the cardio. Your weight loss might slow down but your body will tighten up faster. And lets face it, would you rather lose 10 lbs or 1 dress size?
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    No, you should definitely be losing more body fat per 10 lbs. You are probably not getting enough protein (should be at least 2g/kg lean body mass, 2.5-3 if you are doing heavy resistance training...).

You may also want to take measurements as another metric for weight loss.

Hope that helps :)
  • Cryso7
    Cryso7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do you track body fat loss?
  • akgrown4
    akgrown4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The scale tracks it for me.