Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• shanshepard
    shanshepard Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i just started myself ..day five today level one of course.. my thighs were so sore ..but i found the longer i sat around during my eight hours of work the more sore they were.. i went home and did it again... it helped.. i even rode my bike one night after and the next day i was less sore . good luck
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am finding level two tough too but I know after doing it for a while I will get the hang of it (having a hard time with the plank moves). I have been slowly working on the tape for the last month on and off. I have still seen results in measurements :) Hope you have a great time with it but don't rush it do it at your own pace :)
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just started yesterday evening Level 1 and I never imagined I would be so sore...even immediately afterward. I have been using my eliptical and stepper since January, so I figured it couldn't be too hard right?? Boy was I wrong!!! She kicked my butt big time!! I could barely move this morning. lol I'm definitely going to stick with it and try to do it every day but not going to Level 2 until Level 1 is a breeze....which may be a while. :wink:
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I did it...I hated every minute that I did it...but the second I turned it off I felt so incredible! I found I lost more inches than pounds, so definitely take measurements as well. Have fun and stick with it! You'll really have to push yourself some days to get through it. The first 4 days really hurt but you'll get through it!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I did it in February and I lost a lot of inches but not that many lbs, the first 3 days or so of each level make you really sore, but after that it isn't so bad. Level 2 gave me my best results (I was looking for change in my waist line) and I found level 3 easier than level 2. In saying that, level 2 was my favourite. If you miss a day, don't use it as an excuse to give up all together! I tried to do it 30 times in 30 days but it ended up taking me 33 and the results were still great. If you want to log it, put it as circuit training BUT be aware that it doesn't burn as many calories as mfp thinks it does (hopefully you have a hrm and then you'll know what I mean anyway!!). Looking forward to seeing your results!!
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    She will bust your butt!!!!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It is a great workout!!!! It is hard but just when you feel you can't go another moment, it is done!
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    I will be starting Day 6, Level 1, when I get home. My calves have been tight but that could be the Zumba every night too. I do the Shred and then a mid-length Zumba class each night. The toughest part for me was the arms. I'm not the strongest person and I couldn't get through the strength portions without stopping because my arms were screaming. On Day 5 I got through Level 1 without a problem. Yeah!!! You will like it, just take it at your pace. Gets a little repetitive so I have been muting her (there is an option to only hear music) and I put on my ipod and follow. I'll also be doing 10-10-10, although I am getting antsy to start Level 2 now. Enjoy! :)
  • JodyPellissey
    Options
    I have loved the 30 Day Shred!!! I do it 3-4 times per week and usually one day I do two levels at a time. Level 3 is my favorite :smile: I DRIP sweat by the end of the workout and feel like I have accomplished something.

Give it a try ... take it slow at first and definitely take rest days.

Best $5 investment I have made in a LONG time!!
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT

The workout is actually 22 minutes long plus a 5 min warm up and cool down

YOU CAN DO 22 MINUTES!!!!

Its broken up into circuits so it goes by fast too.... 3 sections broken up into 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio, and one minute of abs.....

The soreness will end, and you will feel like you could do it twice in one day before your first 10 days is up.

Also ITS ONLY 30 DAYS!!! YOU CAN DO THAT!!!

plus you only use 3-5 lbs weights

YOU CAN DO THAT TOO

You will see huge differences in the way your body looks and feels.

TAKE BEFORE PICTURES, YOU WILL WANT THEM
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! I'm on level 2..she's great :-)
  • MsMarie213
    MsMarie213 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have been doing the Shred for about 60 days now: I did level one until I was able to complete it without totally dying then did the same for level two I want to say it took me about 2 weeks with level 1 then about 3 weeks with level 2. Then I started the "30" days over and did 10 of 1....10 of 2...and now I am on day 5 of level 3.

When I first started it I wasn't even able to make it through the warm up, but I kept doing it and am still in shock that I made it to level three :happy: And....level 3 is my fav

Thats a relief to see you said that. When i attempted level one it was so difficult to complete. I would pause the video and take countless breaks just to try to keep up doing that i gotten so discouraged stopped and didn't continue. But i was gonna start fresh today....i now understand it will take time to completely complete this level without breaks
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 12 (2nd Day of Level 2). From my experience so far I can say that the first day of each level will be tough, but you will work up the strength. I went from being able to do 3 pushups in Level one to now doing 23 pushups. You will feel the difference and 20 Minutes will not kill you. Good luck.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I did it in February and I lost a lot of inches but not that many lbs, the first 3 days or so of each level make you really sore, but after that it isn't so bad. Level 2 gave me my best results (I was looking for change in my waist line) and I found level 3 easier than level 2. In saying that, level 2 was my favourite. If you miss a day, don't use it as an excuse to give up all together! I tried to do it 30 times in 30 days but it ended up taking me 33 and the results were still great. If you want to log it, put it as circuit training BUT be aware that it doesn't burn as many calories as mfp thinks it does (hopefully you have a hrm and then you'll know what I mean anyway!!). Looking forward to seeing your results!!

It depends on the person on how much it burns, I burn more then mfp says
  • lkbusby
    lkbusby Posts: 8
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight but lots of inches. It's pretty good and remember it's only about 20-25 mins so you can hang in there for that long.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just finished level one last night. I cheated and went ahead and took my measurements instead of waiting until the end of 30 days, and I had lost 1 inch from each of my thighs and hips, 1 1/2 inch from my waist and 1 inch from each of my arms. It is not easy, but it is a heck of a workout for just 20 minutes. I absolutely hate working out, but felt that I could devote at least 20 minutes a day.

After day 2 I could barely walk, but I stuck it out and I am pleased with myself. i will try level 2 tonight, but if I find it too diffucult, I will keep doing level 1 for an additional 10 days.

Good luck and be prepared to work. :happy:
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    On level two now!:) It's tough but for like 25 minutes a day it's awesome! I love it!

this ^^^^^^^^
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    just started day one today! my legs don't bother me like at all. but i take spin class 2 - 3 times a week so legs and cardio for me weren't a big problem. hopefully that changes in the next cycles. arms & upper body is a different story. i can't even do a real push up shhhhhhhame xD my form for crunches slooooooopy - that's the part i am really looking to improve.
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    what does every one think about doing two a day? noticed a few replies up that some one is doing that and after i finished the first one i wanted to keep going with the next - but i wasn't sure if i should just stick to the structured routine.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    what does every one think about doing two a day? noticed a few replies up that some one is doing that and after i finished the first one i wanted to keep going with the next - but i wasn't sure if i should just stick to the structured routine.

I see nothing wrong with it as long as you are properly hydrating yourself and eating back those calories.