Ab Glider?

Options
Hey everyone! My hubby bought me an ab glider to replace an ancient ab roller thing I had. Just wondering if anyone has had any success with them? I really want to flatten my tummy, as it is the one area that bothers me the most but I know after 4 babies and 2 c-sections it will be quite a challenge. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have done the ab glider at my gym and I didn't really feel that it helped me. I just mainly felt that I was using my arms too much and it was too easy to do it the wrong way. I prefer to work my abs by doing planks, crunches, and exercises with a medicine ball. But, that is just me. Let me know if you have success with it. I just don't think I was doing it right becuase I literally felt nothing the next day and that's how I judge if an exercise is working for me.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Machines that add resistance rather than add "help" will help most. That being said, any ab exercise is better than none and sometimes an assist is necessary to get started in the right direction. Standard crunches will do better than any type of machine that makes it "easier"... Resistance (coordinated with rest) builds muscle.
  • chelle2868
    chelle2868 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks all. Perhaps I just need to try a few different things and find what works for me. I agree that the few times I have used the ab glider it seemed to work my arms more than my abs. I already do some weights with my arms so that is not what I need it for. Perhaps old fashioned crunches are the way to go.