foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i am taking everyone advice and am going to chew gum through my cravings

what is your favorite gum?

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Wrigley sugar free cool green apple (soooo flavorful) or when I want a good clean feeling no matter what - I chew Orbit Sangria flavor.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    ORBIT sugarfree bubblrmint. I buy the packs by the case and I chew a pack a day. I can't tell you how many thousands of calories this has helped me to NOT consume. :noway: :smokin:
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Wrigley sugar free cool green apple (soooo flavorful) or when I want a good clean feeling no matter what - I chew Orbit Sangria flavor.

What does that Sangria flavor taste like? I love Orbit, but I'm getting a little tired of Spearmint. :)
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member

What does that Sangria flavor taste like? I love Orbit, but I'm getting a little tired of Spearmint. :)

It's very fruity and sweet but with a hint of mint. You should try it, I love it.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    i like bazooka bubble gum :smooched:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Do you guys record your gum in your food logs??? I really should eat more gum to get me though some food cravings too, lol!!!
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Trident Tropical Twist... hubby loves it too although my friends tell me I can keep it all to myself :laugh:
  • I like the Obit Cinnamint gum. It reminds me of those cinnamon discs I used to have as a kid.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Do you guys record your gum in your food logs??? I really should eat more gum to get me though some food cravings too, lol!!!
    if i chew it yup...lol bazooka is 15cals a piece but one usually lasts me quite some time
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    I find that minty flavors keep me from craving other foods, as nothing tastes good with a minty mouth. If I chew berry flavors, they taste so much better, but then my mouth just wants more sugar! Of course, the best cure-all for avoiding afternoon grazing (for me) is to brush my teeth. But if that isn't an option, I prefer Orbtiz Sweetmint.
  • Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    I like the Extra Fruit Sensations- Island Cooler gum. It is sweet, but a little tangy too. Delicious! If it were not for chewing gum, I don't know how many more calories I would consume every day, lol. They really do help keep the cravings at bay. Especially, if you are bored...... we all know what boredom can lead too..... mindless eating, and that's never a good thing.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Extra Fruit Sensations Strawberry Banana or any kind of Orbit gum...
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Im the complete oposite chewing gum makes me hungry especially if i havent ate anything :laugh: :laugh: and thats sort of bad because Ive been smoke free for 3weeks now and Ive been splurging, but I lost 1.2 pounds though:laugh: and people say chew gum now that you quit, thats a no no:laugh:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Anything bubble gum. Its frustrating to chew gum and not blow a bubble. lol
  • Dentyne Polar Ice is my favorite and has been since it first came out about 10 yrs ago. :)
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Im the complete oposite chewing gum makes me hungry especially if i havent ate anything :laugh: :laugh: and thats sort of bad because Ive been smoke free for 3weeks now and Ive been splurging, but I lost 1.2 pounds though:laugh: and people say chew gum now that you quit, thats a no no:laugh:

Supposedly chewing gum cranks up your stomach fluids, thinking it is going to eat, so you probably are feeling more hungry when you chew gum. Although, that mint suggestion, making food taste bad, is a good idea!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member

Way to go Shanta on the not smoking!!! You are doing awesome! :drinker: I was a two pack a day smoker before my kids came along and I had to quit cold turkey. I've never done anything that hard in my entire life. It is very tough to quit smoking. I've read where nicotine is more addictive that some narcotics. Good for you! Keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.