New journey, new friend?

Options
Looking for new friends on this new weightloss journey..
I don't wish to sound rude but as I see some 140, 130lb people on here I laugh to myself.
Don't get me wrong healthy eating and websites like this are not for the fat alone. I just
see humor in it. Regardless, I'm a young man in my early 20's I've faced all sorts of addictions.
Drugs, and other related.. I quit doing drugs and drinking when I was 19. I've since that point
turned my "love" to food. Well, I have two children now and health issues have plagued me.
I'm not ready to die, I have much to live and learn. So this is my new journey.
I'm tired of being refered to as "big richie" and my son "little richie" As we share te same name.
Regardless I've always had a very unhealthy cooking lifestyle I do cook, but I've been that guy
who cooks the "good stuff" that you shouldn't eat. I've been trying to cut it back and look at this as
a lifestyle change and working on finding new ways to entertain myself.
So if you feel like it add me as a friend. I'd love to see others food diaries and such.
I'm a social person I love to chat, and other such things.
Feel free to share your story with me as well. Keep it honest, keep it simple.
I love my life, I've never found an issue in being a big guy I don't mind it at all.
I think that proves to be my biggest problem as that I don't have a problem with who I am.
I do however have a problem with death and or not seeing my very young children graduate some day.
That in itself is my reasoning for needing a change. Stay strong, regardless of where you come from-
needing a 100lbs or 20lbs.. The path to better health is not limited to just one person..
Good luck to you all, and hope you've enjoyed my little story.
Look forward to making some new online buddies and such soon!
-Rich-

Replies

• sissy0107
    sissy0107 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    As a new girl here I'd like to tell you, welcome, one of my friend had to lose a lot of weight for health reason as well, when he was just 23 and it was really hard on him. I hope this site will make your obligation to lose weight less hard to bear.
  • PlaidLee
    PlaidLee Posts: 12
    Options
    Change is never simple or easy, nor should be it. Congratulations on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend. Cheers
    Lee