Inches off my waist before my wedding!!

Options
Help!!!
i have lost 7 inches in total off my body since march. But mostly in my butt..i want to lose inches in my waist so i can fit into my ideal dress ive picked out for my wedding in July.
What are the best tips for inches lost in the mid section!?!
Ive taken up spin class 5 days a week as well as weights and planks at home.
What else should i start doing, any advice helps!
Just please dont swarm me with links for powdered drink diets!
Also any tips for inches lost on arms as well! these are my main problem areas right now!
thanks guys n gals!!!!!!
xoxox

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• thinisgonnatakeforever
    Options
    Abs abs abs. Crunches like crazy should do the trick.
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    A lot of people lose a lot of inches off their waist with 30 Day Shred (it incorporates a lot of ab work). Other than that, definitely crunches!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    That's the way your body works! You are losing inches off your fanny first so keep it up and then it will hit your waist. Don't fret and keep doing what you are doing, the results will come.
  • maverick48
    maverick48 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can't "target" areas. It's just a result of your body type. You can try to build your abs up, but that won't necessarily result in inches lost.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's pretty impossible to target the body fat in one particular area and lose it all there. That being said, over all fat loss as well as a lot of toning in the abdominal area (crunches, reverse crunches, oblique crunches, planks, etc.) should prove to be quite helpful to the cause. Hope that helps!
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    Check out Tiffany Rothe workouts on youtube she has several standing ab workouts. I don't know about you but I hate crunches.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Try hula hooping ... it is great for your core - I have seen some great results.
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Zumba has helped my waist and pushups seem to help my arms
  • lsegatti
    lsegatti Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try a total reduction of all things in your diet that are wheat based.....yes, yes, yes I know whole grains etc. But I find that I lose only not pounds but stomach inches when I eliminate wheat products. I eat rice bread and rice cakes and I use rice pasta. Other breads, crackers, pretzels etc are all just crap anyway.
  • KL124
    KL124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think Zumba helps. I'm in the same boat though (wedding in september), so if you find a miracle arm and ab tightener let me know :)
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    check out www.exercise.com

on there is something called seated rotation.

I do that along with other core exercise, walking, some strength,

Hope you reach your goal for your wedding.
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What kind of weights are you lifting...I would recommend general weight training...lifting heavy and not necessarily focusing on the abs, but on gaining muscle all over...I did Chalean Extreme and lost 3-4 inches off my waist in 3 months. Also diet plays a huge role in waist measurements. Do you drink soda, even/especially diet sodas. Also watch your salt intake and eat enough protein...(you don't have to get it in shake form, though :-) !!).
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Love your screen name, CoochDeVille!

I truly believe that spot toning CAN be done on the waist. You can't necessarily force the fat there to flee any faster than anywhere else, but you can build the muscles up so they act like an internal girdle.

Check out the "Try Before You Buy" section of www.t-tapp.com - there's an article called something like "Secrets of a Flat Stomach" that shows how to do a move called Organs in Place. By doing this first, you can maximize the effectiveness of any other ab workout you do immediately afterward.

Crossover crunches are great for tightening the obliques. Take some Pilates classes for lots of ab work. And hoop dance is a fun way to tone the waist and the arms... all the off-body moves I practice now have my arms looking tight and toned.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen, so eating as clean as possible will help. Cardio, Cardio, Cardio! Planks, crunches, etc too!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Try a twist on crunches, which uses more of the muscles around your waist. Just bring your elbow to the opposite knee, alternating each one. Excellent for trimming all the way around your waist!
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound nutty, but a corset actually does help. Not that I'm trying to discourage you from trying to actually lose the inches, but if you run out of time, a good corset can take off an entire dress size. Uncomfortably, of course. :D
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Help!!!
    i have lost 7 inches in total off my body since march. But mostly in my butt..i want to lose inches in my waist so i can fit into my ideal dress ive picked out for my wedding in July.
    What are the best tips for inches lost in the mid section!?!
    Ive taken up spin class 5 days a week as well as weights and planks at home.
    What else should i start doing, any advice helps!
    Just please dont swarm me with links for powdered drink diets!
    Also any tips for inches lost on arms as well! these are my main problem areas right now!
    thanks guys n gals!!!!!!
    xoxox

:flowerforyou:

Jillian Michaels will Kill you! In my first 3 weeks of 30 day shred along with good eating I lost 2 pant sizes- that is mostly in the waist. It is great for the entire back, midsection, hips and arms. I did 20 minutes a day, but only 5 days a week and achieved good results in April. In am going to give another go around even if for just a couple weeks.
    Good luck and Congrats on your upcoming wedding.
  • rowerdc
    rowerdc Posts: 36
    Options
    ^^^This
  • rowerdc
    rowerdc Posts: 36
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen, so eating as clean as possible will help. Cardio, Cardio, Cardio! Planks, crunches, etc too!

^^^THIS (did it wrong last time!)