Poop on my lawn

Options

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    " Invisible Electric wire Fence is in Effect 24/7 "

:ohwell: that's not how electric fencing works. Unless you're going to chase them down and strap on the collar. :laugh:
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE being watched AND recorded by video camera. Please scoop your dog’s poop! :wink:
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My house is beside the mailbox for the subdivision, and people keep letting their dogs crap on my lawn.
    You sure it's the dog?
    Maryland Man Facing Illegal Dumping Charge
    Perp gave cops bizarre explanation for defecation

APRIL 20--A man suspected of a years-long public defecation spree in his Maryland neighborhood is facing a criminal rap after he was caught on videotape relieving himself in the driveway of a former police officer.

When confronted by cops, Kelly Ervin, 48, offered a bizarre explanation, according to police. Ervin reported that he goes running almost every day around 4 AM, and when he hits the two-mile mark, “he has to have a bowel movement.”

As such, Ervin said he carries toilet paper with him and “defecates wherever his 2 mile mark is,” according to a court filing.

Ervin, who was questioned by police at his residence on March 23, said that he was “embarrassed about the fact that detectives were there for this reason,” adding that he “had been doing this for over 20 years.”

Before departing, cops “told Kelly to stop defecating in people’s yards.” They also told him that, at the time, “there was not a criminal investigation.”

However, that changed several days later when police received a complaint from a Salisbury resident who reported that someone had defecated on his property on “at least seven occasions” since January. The witness, Robert Bryan Robinson, an ex-cop, noted that he “found toilet paper left with the feces.”

Robinson told detectives that he had installed a video surveillance system due to his concerns that an individual had been trespassing on his property. Footage, cops allege, showed Ervin exiting his Jeep, unfastening his pants, and squatting in Robinson’s driveway.

When speaking with cops, Ervin recalled having been caught on camera. He claimed that he was on his way home when he “got a pain in his stomach at which time he pulled into a driveway to defecate.” He added that he “saw a camera and realized he was probably going to be seen on camera.”

Ervin was charged with littering or dumping under 100 pounds, a misdemeanor. Ervin, who works in medical sales, has also coached a girl’s team at the Salisbury Lacrosse Club. The squad is known as the “Scoopers.”

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/maryland-defecator-arrested-769234

funniest thing I have read in a long time! Who does this *kitten*!
  • fairygirl716
    fairygirl716 Posts: 213
    Options
    We've had people pick up the poo....But, then they leave the bag with the poo in it! SERIOUSLY? Sure, you've picked it up...but now I have to throw it away? I don't think so!
  • Amaywil
    Amaywil Posts: 44
    Options
    Unclaimed dog poop will be cheerfully returned to owner.

WIN!!

Yes a Win Win , Only I would have it as* Unclaimed dog poop will be cheerfully returned to owner`s mail box *

We once had the same problem my solution was to set up a camera in the window and the guy thought he was being recorded so he just stopped and started going down the opposite side of the street . He never completely stopped * obviously * but their was none in my yard anymore .
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My dog has tummy problems. When I walk him, he squats, but nothing comes out. I carry baggies and pretend to pick up poop when he's finished because I want to avoid any problems or accusations from neighbors. I feel stupid doing it, but it has worked so far.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    " Invisible Electric wire Fence is in Effect 24/7 "

:ohwell: that's not how electric fencing works. Unless you're going to chase them down and strap on the collar. :laugh:

:laugh: ok then. VERY visible little electric fence around the post!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm Asian. If I caught your dog doing that in my lawn, you might get some free food delivered.

<3
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I would advise against the kicking the dog part!! Some people might take it as a threat and report you for that. Our neighbor's dog poops on our lawn too and we have to clean it up. I'm pretty sure they trained her to do that too, but there isn't much we can do about it. We can say something to the neighbors, but a dog gets used to pooping in a particular spot, so I think we are just SOL.

You are not SOL!! They can train their dog to popo elsewhere! (Dog owner here)
    Not sure where you live, but it's illegal to leave it where I live.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    haha when I read "lawn" my mind immediately thought of that bit down there...
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    No sign. I would say..."Hey...pick up after your dog."

Call me crazy...
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I think its a case of * checks mail, dog sniffs over to lawn, dog poops, owner doesn't see. Atleast this is what I am hoping. I haven't caught anyone yet... but when I do....
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    haha when I read "lawn" my mind immediately thought of that bit down there...

No no... thats the "boulevard". *Blinks innocently
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    No dog pooping. Violators will have their noses rubbed in it . Since your dog can't read, this means you.

If your dog poops, you scoop.

poop free zone

DANGER electrified grass - activated by dog poop.

Our HOA also had this same problem & installed a small trash can with a heavy black plastic liner as most people that don’t pick up after their dogs probably don’t clean up after them because they don’t want to carry a little bag of poop in their hand until they encounter a trash can - especially since most plastic baggies don’t keep the smell in very well. It’s gross to them to carry the little poop bag so they just leave the feces on your yard. So you might want to talk to your HOA about doing the same thing.
  • aminahzjohnson
    aminahzjohnson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I once had someone let their dog crap on my lawn as I was sitting in the kitchen, seeing this. I called out the window to the girl who looked up then got her dog to leave, in a hurry. I went outside, picked up the crap and followed her to her house and threw the bag at her (tied and closed, I'm not that mean lol) and said next time I'd call the cops. Hasn't happened since.

LOL!!!! At least you got some exercise in walking to her house :D
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Poo war!!!
  • kmelski
    kmelski Posts: 14
    Options
    This is one I got: http://www.thelawndog.com
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Dogpoop.jpg
    This is WAAAAAYYYYY TTTOOOOOO NIIICCEEEE!!!

It needs to be a lot more straight forward in case they are complete idiots.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I think its a case of * checks mail, dog sniffs over to lawn, dog poops, owner doesn't see. Atleast this is what I am hoping. I haven't caught anyone yet... but when I do....

My apologies...I thought you knew the culprit...
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This works better for cats, but it will work for dogs too. Sprinkle chili powder or black or red pepper in the area that seems to be popular.
    When the dogs scatch to cover or even run through it will get up into their nail beds and give them a slight burning sensation.

Before anyone tells me how cruel I am, this will not injury them. It's mearly an irritation, that should help with the behavior.

You will need to reapply after it rains. This has kept my neighbors cat out of my garden for the past couple of years.

An expensive option would be a fence.

Good luck!