low calorie pasta!

Options
ne1 know what brand of pasta has the lowest calories???

Replies

• abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    healthy harvest only has 180 calories for 2oz and is very yummy :)
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    thats what i have, but 2 oz isn't that much is it? i don't have a scale.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    two oz is about a 1/2 cup (dry) depending on shape.

Here is a link which is more accurate than me just guessing at it.

http://www.barillaus.com/Home/pages/Measuring_Pasta.aspx
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    2 oz precooked will plump up to a decent portion. Would fill you up especially if paired with a salad or other veggies.

there is also the spaghetti alternative: Shirataki noodles usually sold in the refridgerated section (my grocery store has it where they sell the refridgerated tofu).
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I am from a family that used to heap a plate with spaghetti and meat sauce, so pasta is like my nemesis!! :laugh: 2oz is a serving? Yea, for 1/4 of me!!

If you asked me to list what I missed most about my former eating habits, pasta would be at the top, even over CHOCOLATE. That's bad.
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    2 oz is about a cup when cooked. Its not a ton but I enjoy mixing it in with a nice salad, topping it with a light italian dressing and some fat free cheese maybe and its a DELICIOUS salad :)
  • naner
    Options
    i can deal with a cup of pasta. :laugh: LOL
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just tried Ronzoni Bistro - Penne With Chicken & Broccoli (with a creamy sauce) for lunch. It comes in a pouch that you stick in the microwave, and it's awesome :love: Only 210 calories:noway: :happy: :drinker:

It was a decent sized portion- I had yogurt and an apple with it, and it filled me up! I will absolutely buy it again. It wouldn't be a good choice for someone who is really watching their sodium intake, or someone trying to eat clean, but once or twice a month, it's the perfect lunch or dinner for me :smile:
  • vjar
    vjar Posts: 17
    Options
    Soba (buckwheat) noodles are about the same in calories as much else. However, I've found that I don't want more than 1 serving of this type of pasta because there is so much fiber. I've always had a hard time limiting how much pasta I eat and this type really works for me. It does have a different flavor than "regular" wheat pastas but it's not at all unappetizing, just different.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Ever try spaghetti squash? I really like it! You bake it, scoop it out with a spoon, use it just like regular pasta for a gazillion less calories (2 oz of normal pasta is "nothing" for me, too) :bigsmile:
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    Bulk it up with shredded veggies like in carrots, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, and bean sprouts
  • naner
    Options
    Ever try spaghetti squash? I really like it! You bake it, scoop it out with a spoon, use it just like regular pasta for a gazillion less calories (2 oz of normal pasta is "nothing" for me, too) :bigsmile:

I will try that! i like squash!:smile: