Quick question re: exercise calories

Options
paulkj
paulkj Posts: 163 Member
Hi all:

I am fairly new but I have a question and would like to thank you in advance for your replies.

I have been having horrible trouble eating all of my exercise calories no matter how hard I try. I have added nuts, peanut butter, olive oil, avocados, cheese into my diet and still fall below. For example, after my workout and daily food log, I was below 852 calories!

I eat in the morning which keeps me very full until lunch. I don't like to eat when I feel stuffed because I will be miserable. But I do notice that my appetite increases during the lunch hour but I don't know if I can pack in the majority of my calories during the hours of 12 pm to 6pm. If so, that'll be great then I won't feel bad trying to get in more calories during the night.

So, can anyone tell me if it's ok to eat the majority of my calories during this time period or should I continue to try and space my cals throughout the entire day?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I find that I eat most between 12-8 pm. If I don't then I never catch up for my calories.

I feel that as long as you're not eating all of your cals in one big meal- then it's good. Just make sure you spread it out and eat all day- just cram in more during lunch/afternoon time it should be fine.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories during the time period and have continued to lose. Sometimes lunch is 1000 cals but I usually exercise after lunch.

Have you always had a hard time eating? If you have your body will get used to eating more food after while. If I eat too much fiber I can't eat all my cals so I try to keep it around 25g.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    look up Trio bars. they're 100% vegan bars filled with nuts and fruit and they're SO yummy. they're super healthy and natural and they're also high in calories because they're made of nuts. 1 bar is 230 calories. when i do long, intense workouts i eat a couple of those to catch up on my calories. :bigsmile:
  • paulkj
    paulkj Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the responses. Awesome advice. I don't want to get stuck with a ton of calories left over every night.

I have been trying for the last week to at least get up to 1600 but to no avail.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    high in calories:

cheese
    bread

put em together, and you got a cheese sandwhich! if you can't force that much into yourself crackers are super high in calories, im sure you can get some healthy whole grain ones.