worried it wont work

Ok I need some direction please??? Im 5'6 between 157-159 goes up and down. My workout currently is the Shred so Its like a 25 min workout of weights and cardio. I was eating 1200 and same workout and nothing. So this week I raised my calories to 1450 this is according to fitness pal, I done keep a food diary on here just keep up with my calories. I do really good with my calories because I was for so long really only eating a net calorie of 1000 or less. So foods is not a huge problem. But I feel like my metabolism is terrible. Usually do low carb protein bar for breakfast or low carb protein shake. Almonds and chesse stick for snack. Lunch is usually brocolii with a low carb wrap with chesse or tuna or turkey ext. Dinner is always grilled chicken fish, veggies. I stay away from white carbs. I did low carb for over 4 yrs with great result started at 180 and was down to 145 in 8 months. Anyway I need to lose weight 10-15 pounds and tone. Feel like nothing I do works.

Replies

• Your too few calories are hurting you! You need to realize that the only way your body will speed up metabolism is by eating more calories! My diet consist of a breakfast shake(Shakeology) every morning at 6am 230 calories 27g protein I eat every 3 hours usually a protein bar(favorite is ZONE cinnamon roll) and a banana about 300 calories and 15g protein 3rd meal is my lunch and usually is a large salad with 2 hard boiled eggs and all the yummy veggies with dressing equals about 400 calories 4th meal is yogurt cup 1/2 c cottage cheese and an apple 300 calories 30 g protein ( greek yogurt has 100 calories and 18g protein cottage cheese 11g protein and 90 calories) and my final meal of the day is always just a nice balanced meal with my family I try to keep it healthy and around 500 calories! Keep your meals on schedule if possible! I eat at 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm and 6pm I also have a coffee in the morning with some creamer so all together I try to keep my calories between 1800 and 2000 calories a day I am 5'3 and weigh 125! My work out is INSANITY and I also run when the weather permits! Hope this helps! Angie