I'm going grocery shopping-got to eat more to lose

Options
dejatyja
dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
So I've been reading and learning. And as I read more, I realize I need to make some changes. I have a hard enough time eating my goal calorie for the day, now I've got to add to it in order to lose weight properly :noway:

I'm rarely hungry. And trying to make myself ieat has been a task. I'm assuming the more I do this, I will finally gt use to it.

However, I'm somewhat of a picky eater. I am willing to try new foods or shall I say different foods.

Keeping my fingers crossed hoping this will go well!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    um. Enjoy your shopping trip?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are rarely hungry and have a hard time eating enough calories, how did you get to the point that you need to lose weight?
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    lol bcattoes- I was going to ask the same thing. I think she used to have an apetite for foods high in sugar and calories and is thinking she must eat veggies to lose weight...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    If you are rarely hungry and have a hard time eating enough calories, how did you get to the point that you need to lose weight?

^ This. First step will be to be brutally honest with yourself :)
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for ideas on what to buy, look for healthy sources of fat (nuts and nut butters, avocado, olive oil, etc). If you eat low or no fat dairy, switch to a higher fat content. Swap the diety, processed foods (like light bread, butter spray) for their real counterparts. Make sure you have a protein and/or a fat with every meal/snack.

Good luck!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Your body isn't hungry because you have already trained it to respond to not eating enough! So when you do eat, it just stores it because it does not know when you are going to feed it next. Our bodies are amazing! I applaud you OP for reading and researching! And have fun grocery shopping! :D
  • dejatyja
    Options

That's now. There was a time when I ate many calories but pretty much unhealthy foods. So I cut back (as if that was going to help-mind you I didn't substitute the good for the bad, I just cut back). And now I'm just not as hungry too much. So now I'm tired of the tube tire around my waist and my bye-bye's on my arm.

Got to start somewhere....
  • dejatyja
    Options

I was honest. At first I was doing was of those "starve yourself to lose weight diets". That's why I'm not as hungry. I'm use to starving myself. So now, I'm to the point to lose weight to keep it off...
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options

I was honest. At first I was doing was of those "starve yourself to lose weight diets". That's why I'm not as hungry. I'm use to starving myself. So now, I'm to the point to lose weight to keep it off...

AWAY with the negativity and on to the positive!!! Isnt that what we are all here for anyway?:angry:

What kinds of food do you normally eat? Try adding whole foods, nut butters and more proteins. Stay away from greasy fried foods, fast foods, Trade sugary drinks for crystal light and water. You gotta figure out what works for you. Stalk your friends diary's check out what they are eating to get some food ideas.