Warrior Dash MD Sat 5/19/12

Options
yarmiah
yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
So, I'm signed up and stoked to run my first Warrior Dash in Mechanicsville MD next week!

But I do have a question or two for those who participated in the past:

-How bad should I expect to traffic be? What about parking? (I'm coming from Carroll County- looks like a 2-3 hour drive)

-I'm scheduled to run at 4 on Sat, how early should I arrive?

-When the run is over, is there a hose or some other area to to clean up a little?

Thanks folks!

Replies

• B_Steppuhn
    B_Steppuhn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am doing this only in Iowa in July!!! I did the st Jude warrior because from what I understand there isn't a hose but the st Jude warrior has showers! Good luck and let me know
  • mbourke8
    mbourke8 Posts: 27
    Options
    I did MN last year, so not sure I can really tell you what the MD is like, but....

-We arrived about 1.5 hours early because of parking and the fact we had to be shuttled to the location. We followed the suggestion in the email and it was just perfect.
    - Our location was out at a ski slope so we were able to stand in front of snow makers, kind of like a big hose :) BUT, there were a ton of people trying to hose off at the same time and the whole site was covered in mud so we didn't get too clean. This year I'm bringing some wet wipes to clean up with too...
    HAVE FUN!! It was so much fun last year we're doing it again!
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    unfortunately i dont have any helpful answers for you. but i too am doing the MD warrior dash (on sunday though) and was just thinking about the same questions. i only live about 30 minutes away, but want to allow for enough time to park and not sure how bad the traffic is getting to the site.

GOOD LUCK FELLOW WARRIOR!!! :-)