Im hungry and its evening :-(

Options
SunnyFitt
SunnyFitt Posts: 34 Member
I dont know why but I am starving and it is half past nine in the evening where I live. What should I have?

Replies

• Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is one of my staples. I like it with mustard.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an orange at night , just take small bites and drink water. Oranges always take my hunger away.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Look at Fat, Carbohydrates, and Protein. What do you have the most of remaining? Eat something that has that.

To avoid evening hunger, try to get your diet in balance (track calories, fat, protein, and carbs, and get all four numbers as close as possible to zero each day). Feed ALL of your body.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I eat two cups of popcorn every night. And, if I worked out that night I have a piece of 12 grain toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter on it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It depends on how many calories you have left. I like to have a handful of cocoa roast almonds and a glass of red wine in the evenings.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an orange at night , just take small bites and drink water. Oranges always take my hunger away.

Oranges are effective at that. They are a simple sugar, so your blood sugar levels go up fast, so they satisfy immediate hunger. The problem with sugar snacks (even healthier sugars) is that they don't last. If you find yourself waking up at night with the hungries, the sugar snack has run out. Try a more complex carb if that happens - or a protein. They'll last a lot longer.

Of course, if oranges allow you to get to sleep and you aren't waking up and midnight-snacking, then go with that, of course. :)
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Oranges are effective at that. They are a simple sugar, so your blood sugar levels go up fast, so they satisfy immediate hunger. The problem with sugar snacks (even healthier sugars) is that they don't last. If you find yourself waking up at night with the hungries, the sugar snack has run out. Try a more complex carb if that happens - or a protein. They'll last a lot longer.

Of course, if oranges allow you to get to sleep and you aren't waking up and midnight-snacking, then go with that, of course. :)
    I never have trouble staying asleep it's only falling asleep that's difficult so oranges are a perfect quick snack to get my stomach to leave me alone long enough to get to sleep :P
  • SunnyFitt
    SunnyFitt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Look at Fat, Carbohydrates, and Protein. What do you have the most of remaining? Eat something that has that.

To avoid evening hunger, try to get your diet in balance (track calories, fat, protein, and carbs, and get all four numbers as close as possible to zero each day). Feed ALL of your body.

I have some fats left (23) - nuts and almonds then?

I am in minus 50 on proteins after the day. Dont get it really. What am I doing wrong? I often tend to go overboard on the protein intake but what I really do is trying to stick to the thumbrule - a fistful with every meal. Is that wrong?