Good Carbs vs. Bad Carbs

Options
tyoung8
tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
Hello all!!

Ive been doing a low carb diet which I find works best for me by eliminating all pasta, bread, rice, and things of that nature and trading them for more healthy carbs that are in fruit and vegetables.

Ive noticed that fruit has ALOT of carbs. Should I cut these carbs out as well and focus on vegetables and dairy that have minimal carbs?

Fruit seems to be the only treat involved in low carb diets but can often spike up my carb intake.

HELP AND SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Carbs is carbs. Low carb berries are fine, but juicy sweet fruits aren't really - fruit juice in a skin with a bit of pulp.

The only treat ? nah, there's juicy steak, ice cream, 85% cocoa chocolate, vodka & diet coke......
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm all carbs are good carbs!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    All carbs are converted into glucose by the body anyway. I don't see a point in labeling some good and some bad unless you are diabetic and need to concern yourself wih the rate of conversion and absorbtion.
  • superstankazz
    superstankazz Posts: 193
    Options
    Carbs is carbs. Low carb berries are fine, but juicy sweet fruits aren't really - fruit juice in a skin with a bit of pulp.

The only treat ? nah, there's juicy steak, ice cream, 85% cocoa chocolate, vodka & diet coke......
    Smart man^
    I try to eat less than 20 grams of carbs per day and I DO NOT eat fruit! EVER! Fruit is NOTHING but sugar. Sure, there may be fiber and nutrients in there somewhere too but there are endless low carb sources for fiber and vitamins too.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    It would depend on why your are doing a low-carb diet and what you would consider a low-carb diet.

If you're doing it for medical reasons (diabetes, IR etc.) then carbs are carbs in whatever form they come in (as far as I am aware, I'm no medical/nutritional professional).

If you're doing it for other reasons (like avoiding heavily processed foods etc.) then fruit really isn't going to hurt you too much so tuck right in!!