Tricked out popcorn recipes!!!

Options
happy_heather121
happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
Hi everyone.

So I have been eating air popped popcorn for a snack for months because it is so low cal but I was getting so tired of it! The other night I was at the store, shopping for Five Chinese Spice in the spice isle and I came across this Land O Lakes seasoning. The one I bought was Sharp cheddar, They have a ton of different flavors like Parmesan Garlic, Butter, White Cheddar, etc. It said to use it on potatoes, soups, etc but I thought it would taste awesome on popcorn! And it does! It's only 5 calories for a 1/2 tsp. and 0 fat.

Does anyone have any great popcorn recipes (low cal of course!) that they would like to share? I am really interested to see what others post!

Thanks all!

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I like the Kernel Seasons popcorn topping. Its only 2 cals for 1/4 tsp. I'll add a couple sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, and the seasoning. They have a bunch of flavors too.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I go a little crazy with popcorn. I love to sprinkle cinnamon, raisins and sometimes sliced almonds over mine and drizzle on a little honey. Or I'll put chocolate chips and some sliced almonds in. It's a great way to get a sweet fix for me! :happy:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I like homemade kettle corn. If you have your own stovetop popper, you just had some sugar in with the kernals (1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 oil, 1/2 kernals I think). Yum!
  • CubLub63
    CubLub63 Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't know how low cal it is, but here's a recipe... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/party-popcorn-recipe/index.html It has toffee, honey roasted peanuts and chocolate. YUM.
  • Malvys24
    Malvys24 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I LOVE popcorn.. I bought the 100 calorie bags in kettle corn and light butter. But i love to get popcorn and squeeze a mexican lime and add hot sauce (like tapatio) it tastes so good. I also add lemon and tapatio to apples, cucumbers, and oranges. It gives them a good twist.
    Malvina
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I LOVE popcorn.. I bought the 100 calorie bags in kettle corn and light butter. But i love to get popcorn and squeeze a mexican lime and add hot sauce (like tapatio) it tastes so good. I also add lemon and tapatio to apples, cucumbers, and oranges. It gives them a good twist.
    Malvina

My old college roommate got me hooked on eating it this way too!
    I had totally forgotten about it!
    :flowerforyou: