Turkey Pepperoni

Options
2»

Replies

• lowbpoint
    lowbpoint Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    in my experience, the only time I can tell a difference is when i eat it totally by itself. which isnt often. i usually eat them with wheat thins and small pieces of cheese as a snack. but i have had it on pizza and sandwiches. with cheese and crackers i cant tell. when i eat it alone, it is definitely subpar to regular. but since thats the only way i can tell and i dont eat pepperoni alone hardly ever, i buy it. :)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Try this for a pizza fix,,,, 1/4 c mozzarella in a skillet sprayed w/Pam . Cook 2 mins, add tbsp of pizza sauce & 8 chopped turkey pepperoni,, cook 1more min or til cheese gets dark &crispy,,,YUMMY ! I make 2 & they're 290 cals, LOW carb. Kids like em too!
  • s41e6
    s41e6 Posts: 15
    Options
    I prefer turkey pepperoni. The pork stuff is greasy. I've bought both Boar's Head and Hormel. I prefer the Hormel brand.
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, can you eat without cooking it, straight out of package?? Boars Head
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'll hop on the turkey pepperoni train as well. My picky husband can't tell a difference and some of his even pickier friends didn't notice at all when I made pizza bread for the Super Bowl and used it. Even the ones whose wives swore up and down that their husbands would know and would never eat it. There was no pizza bread left at the end of the night.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I really like it and my kids love it too. My son won't even eat regular pepperoni, but he did this. I also love to snack on it. So low in calories and yummy!
  • kay930
    kay930 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like turkey pepperoni. I have used it on pizzas and my husband didn't even notice. I do think the texture is a little different not in a bad way just different. I do think it tastes saltier. It definitly isn't as greasy. I think you should try it and not tell him. I bet he won't even notice. :)